Ts4.exe is missing

by domo12344

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Ts4.exe is missing

★★★ Newbie
I bought the sims 4 awhile ago and the game was running fine until it updated I tried playing it today and this is when I started having problems the game would not start up, every time I clicked play it brought my back to my origin account so I repaired the game....that did nothing...so I uninstalled the game and now the ts4.exe is gone what do I do
Message 1 of 10 (18,846 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Ts4.exe is missing

★★★ Newbie
Yes I installed and deleted all the files to start fresh and it still didn't work but I figured it out I had to delete a mod...it caused the problem but thank you!

View in thread

Message 3 of 10 (19,609 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Did you reinstall or just uninstall ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (18,825 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Yes I installed and deleted all the files to start fresh and it still didn't work but I figured it out I had to delete a mod...it caused the problem but thank you!
Message 3 of 10 (19,610 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Do you mind if I ask how you knew which mod to delete? I just downloaded a bunch of mods and I also seem to be having issues starting up the game and I'm thinking it has to do with something I installed.

Message 4 of 10 (18,558 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@FlorVM92

This is really hard to know.

• If your problem occurred after a certain mod haul, remove all these new mods (see if the game works), and then add back a few at a time, restarting the game in between until you see the problem occurring again. Remember that you can possible have several broken mods.
  • If the problem started after the latest patch/update, always make sure to update your mods when you update your game. Check this list out for some mods that were broken in the C&D-patch! A few others have been broken after but not so many that there is a list.
    https://simsvip.com/2017/11/07/incompatible-modsupdates-november-7-2017-patch
  • Download Sims 4 Studio and do batch-fixes for your cc.
  • Search for the Mod Conflict Detector on google and run it, see if it can detect some broken/conflicting mods, remove these and try your game again. (Only detects conflicts between mods, not between mods and the game)
  • Like the first "solution", but for all your mods. Remove all and put back some at a time to find broken ones (last resort if you have like 1000 mods).

Good Luck!

Message 5 of 10 (18,548 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

hi everyone I need help. when I download sims4 and tried to launch it plus open it a message pop up saying they looking for a TS4.exe what can I do? 

Message 6 of 10 (18,432 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@mskela26

Could you post a picture of the popup? Or quote it exactly?

Try repairing your game!

Open your Origin client and go to My Game Library, right-click The Sims 4 and choose Repair.

Originrepairgame.PNG

Message 7 of 10 (18,424 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have the same problem 

this is what it says

TS4.exe - System Error

the program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer.

is this the same as yours and have you fixed this problem, if you have can you help me if not we could maybe work together to work it out?

Message 8 of 10 (17,366 Views)

★★★ Newbie

if you've figured it out could you tell me?

Message 9 of 10 (1,908 Views)

Community Manager

Hi, 

I'm now closing this thread since it's from 2017 and a lot of things have changed since then. It's always good to check the date of the previous response to see if the conversation is up to date or it was specific to something from few years ago 

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 10 of 10 (1,881 Views)