Re: Trying to re install sims4 on my new puter

by RavenLure

Original Post

Trying to re install sims4 on my new puter

★★★ Guide

I want them on my D drive, I did  change the settings to down load on d drive.... but still doing this I closed origin and tried again... I am about to  restart my computer.. see if that helps, But any suggestions or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 5 (352 Views)

★★★ Guide

cannot open origin out side of the web page do I have to me that as well to the D folder and what should I be doing.

Message 2 of 5 (343 Views)

@RavenLure  So you can't open the Origin app at all?  It's best to deal with that first.  Then you can move or uninstall and reinstall Sims 4—the way things are set up now may cause problems down the road.

Please clear Origin's cache, restart your computer, and try to open Origin.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

If that doesn't help, clear Origin's cache again, and then uninstall it with Revo Uninstaller (the free versions are fine).  Here's how:

• Right-click on the Task Bar and open the Task Manager.  Scroll through looking for Origin entries.  If you find any, click on them and End Task.
  • Download Revo Uninstaller from here (again, the free versions work fine).
  • Install Revo, open it, and uninstall Origin.  When it's finished, Revo will ask you which cleaning method you want to use.  Select "Moderate" and then Browse.
  • If Revo finds any remaining registry entries, select all, delete, and click Next.
  • Revo will display "Remaining Data and Folders.  Select all of them except for the "Origin Games" folder.  (This is where Origin games are usually located, but if you only have Sims 4 installed, you can delete it too.)  Delete the rest.
  • Restart your computer.

Next, download and install Origin—the regular version, not the beta.  Here's the direct download link:

http://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Be sure to run both the installer and Origin itself as an admin: right-click on each and select "Run as Administrator."  Let me know whether it works.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 5 (309 Views)

★★★ Guide

I got it re installed... sorry for the late response been crazy.. It works now but EA files with mods and stuff is on one drive The C drive. while origin and sims 3 and 4 are on the D drive. But it works.

So hot I brain is mush. 

Message 4 of 5 (258 Views)

@RavenLure  I'm glad to hear things are working now.  There are ways to move the user data folder to D, if you're interested.  But please let me know the full file path of the Sims 4 program files, as in the data on D.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (231 Views)