Re: Trying to install mods

by katharinehooper4

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Trying to install mods

★★ Novice

TRYING TO INSTALL MODS

I have been trying to install mods for the first time and i feel like ive done everything but here are the details

This is what my recourse document says:

Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package

The mods came in folders which i did unzip, then i put them, as package fils, into my mods folder

I have script mods and all of the ticked off on my game, i have turned laptop mode off, i have restarted the game, tried deleting and the recovering the recourse file, i have shut down my computer, i have tried mods from different websites, and still nothing

Please help me, i have the literal worst person at technology, and i just wanna get this to work

Message 1 of 7 (495 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

@katharinehooper4

Okay so yes the path is correct, but the only thing you have in your mods folder is a zipped folder. You need to unzip folders before the game can read them.

Depending on if you have a program for this or not I can show two methods.

Some files windows can unpack by themselves, without any other program. They look like this, a folder with a zip on them. The one you have in your folder is like this. When selected a pink tap should show up that says "Tools for compressed folders"

Skärmklipp2.PNG

Click on the tab, and then choose Extract all. A window will pop up. You can undo the little box that says "Open the folder in a new window" and then just click enter/go.

Skärmklipp3.PNG

Some folders might need a program to help unzip them. I have the free program 7zip on my PC.

If you have 7zip, Right-click the folder, hover over 7zip, and then click "Unpack to >folder name<" or something like that. If you have another program they'll likely work in a similar way.

Skärmklipp.PNG

It should give you this, a normal folder

Skärmklipp1.PNG

Now "all" your folders will be unzipped! You can delete the zipped folders and leave the new ones!

Skärmklipp4.PNG

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (545 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@katharinehooper4

Do you have problems with all mods or just some? If it's just some mods that do not work, which ones?

If no mods show up in your game

• Did you place them in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods
  • Do the game register that there are mods? Do they show up in the list in the beginning or if you open the mods list from the options menu?
  • Do you have OneDrive on your computer? Make sure that the game is not using the OneDrive-folders. Try turning off OneDrive before starting the game.

You can check where the game saves your files by looking in your Game Options - Screenshot settings.

Skärmklipp.PNG

Make sure that the path above is the same place as where you have your saves and mods.

Message 2 of 7 (491 Views)

★★ Novice

All of them ive tried havent worked, but rn im just trying one. It doesnt register them, i see nothing at the start and the part of setting with CC and script mods is empty. I have gotten rid of one drive, and my location paths seem fine.

Message 3 of 7 (483 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@katharinehooper4

Could you copy&paste the location path so I can see, and then post a screenshot of your mods folder? Standard smile

Message 4 of 7 (478 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry for the delay ive been a bit busy, this is the location path and mods folder 

Message 5 of 7 (459 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@katharinehooper4

Okay so yes the path is correct, but the only thing you have in your mods folder is a zipped folder. You need to unzip folders before the game can read them.

Depending on if you have a program for this or not I can show two methods.

Some files windows can unpack by themselves, without any other program. They look like this, a folder with a zip on them. The one you have in your folder is like this. When selected a pink tap should show up that says "Tools for compressed folders"

Skärmklipp2.PNG

Click on the tab, and then choose Extract all. A window will pop up. You can undo the little box that says "Open the folder in a new window" and then just click enter/go.

Skärmklipp3.PNG

Some folders might need a program to help unzip them. I have the free program 7zip on my PC.

If you have 7zip, Right-click the folder, hover over 7zip, and then click "Unpack to >folder name<" or something like that. If you have another program they'll likely work in a similar way.

Skärmklipp.PNG

It should give you this, a normal folder

Skärmklipp1.PNG

Now "all" your folders will be unzipped! You can delete the zipped folders and leave the new ones!

Skärmklipp4.PNG

Message 6 of 7 (546 Views)

★★ Novice

omg thank you so much it's worked!!

Message 7 of 7 (450 Views)