Re: Trying to get sims 3 code

by EA_Illium

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I lost my old EA account and found old Sims3 games without code, how do I play?

★★★ Novice

Hey guys!

I hope someone can help me with this: 

So I started playing sims 3 again since 6 years. I just happened to found some old expansion packs I bought when I was 15. I really want to be able to play them again. Sad thing is I only found the cd-roms, so no game code on themFrown 

The one way where I connect to my old 15-year-old-me Origin account doesn't work because I don't remember the password and my email account is so old it got thrown away (I just called the email company who are currently not an email company anymore xD). So that's all very *. I remember having an account at EA sims3 where I also had some cute * clothes and houses and cool sims and stuff I downloaded and I really wish I could excess again.. I really hope someone can help me out. I currently play Sims 3 on a new origin account and bought the base game and world adventure again, but already spend hundreds of euros on that stuff 10 to 6 years ago so its kinda against my principles to purchase it again (and I know you can buy it for cheap at some websites but still..) 

I can't seem to contact EA about this matter and my old account. Does anyone have any tips/ideas how to solve this and be able to play my old games again?

Thanks in advance!

Message 5 of 12 (1,242 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I lost my old EA account and found old Sims3 games without code, how do I pl

Community Manager

Hey @jbt0402 

You will need to speak to an EA Game Advisor for this issue, If your older account has everything redeemed/linked to it you would need to work on getting back into that account. You can contact an advisor here, I would recommend entering in Origin > PC > Manage my Account > Can't log in as the issue fields and you should see options to contact them. 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 6 of 12 (1,231 Views)

All Replies

SOME OF MY OLD CODES WONT WORK

★★★ Novice

I decided today that I would activate all my sims 3 dlcs on origin. All of them work besides 3 of the packs and for some reason it says they are already in use and i don't get why... any way around this?

Message 1 of 12 (1,226 Views)

Re: SOME OF MY OLD CODES WONT WORK

Community Manager

Hey @henrinatoren have you previously redeemed the codes to an Origin account?

If not, where and when did you purchase the codes from? Could someone else have redeemed the codes before you got them?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 12 (1,220 Views)

★★★ Novice

I found a way to fix it i think. seems like some of the dlcs was stuck with my old email as I changed it a few years back.

Message 3 of 12 (1,218 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @henrinatoren.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 12 (1,205 Views)

Re: I lost my old EA account and found old Sims3 games without code, how do I pl

Community Manager

Hey @jbt0402 

You will need to speak to an EA Game Advisor for this issue, If your older account has everything redeemed/linked to it you would need to work on getting back into that account. You can contact an advisor here, I would recommend entering in Origin > PC > Manage my Account > Can't log in as the issue fields and you should see options to contact them. 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 6 of 12 (1,232 Views)

Trying to get sims 3 code

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So I recently bought sims 3 from a second-hand game store and when I went home and tried to redeem the code through origin it said that the code has already been redeemed, is there any way to get the code back from the previous owner?

Message 7 of 12 (1,232 Views)

Re: Trying to get sims 3 code

Community Manager

@Doncoleoni There would not be an option to get the code, once a game code is redeemed on an account it does stay linked to that account.

I would recommend returning to the retailer to see if they can offer a refund. You can also check out our article on authorized retailers

Illium.png

Message 8 of 12 (1,218 Views)

My sims3 code has already been redeemed

★★★ Newbie

I just redownloaded the sims3 again and I was trying to redeem my expansion packs I got years ago with the code because my computer doesn't have a disk player and my codes have already been redeemed, does anyone know what I can do? 

Message 9 of 12 (1,115 Views)

Re: My sims3 code has already been redeemed

Community Manager

@Xloveheartsx 

Once codes are redeemed on an account, they are associated with that account permanently.

Please use the EA account the codes were initially redeemed on, thanks.

barry.png
Message 10 of 12 (1,108 Views)