Try to play Sims 4 in full screen computer freezes up?

by Madamelee

Original Post

Try to play Sims 4 in full screen computer freezes up?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

i'm trying to play Sims 4 in full screen because later this month the 32 bit system isn't going to be available.   But I heard from others that 64 system wouldn't allow you to use either the laptop mode or the window mode.  I have a 8.1 64 system and the right about of RAM  and I have updated the graphics driver TWICE now but both before I ever had mods (back in 2014) and when I'm testing out the game now to see if I can play in full mode- my computer freezes up and I have to perform an emergency shut down.  It's why I went to the 32bit window/laptop mode in the first place.  

according to the Dixax apparently my current  display mode screen is set for a 32bit and not 64bit-so don't know if that could be part of the problem?

Message 1 of 7 (1,558 Views)

Re: Try to play Sims 4 in full screen computer freezes up?

Hero (Retired)
@Madamelee

Nice to see you again but it's a pity that the reason for this the next trouble with your computer.
If you have a USB-C analog audio adapter connected to your PC, unplug it, then connect a USB-C digital audio adapter instead.
There are two types of USB-C audio adapters: analog and digital. Most PCs only support USB-C digital audio adapters.
If it will not work use it:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

And now I have to comfort you. You will always be able to play in windowed mode. or laptop mode. Don't believe in gossip.
Message 2 of 7 (1,545 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It's not gossip- someone on the other forums says that despite having a GAMING computer  with a 64 system it causes her issues if she tries to play with windowed and laptop mode

Here's the quote from the person:  "Window mode is probably the issue - as last I knew 64 bit does not like window mode or even laptop mode. You might try not running in laptop mode as I believe that was just designed for 32 to work better but hinders 64 bit - and use full screen. Even on my powerhouse of a desktop pc it will act wonky if I jump from game to online - and my pc is made for gaming" https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17091930/#Comment_17091930  

so its seems like I'm stuck with a freezing computer. 

Message 3 of 7 (1,535 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Madamelee

I play only in windowed mode 64- bite version of the game and have Win7 - 64 bite. Never I had issues like you have. Another thing that Win8.1 version is the worst version of Windows that exists. That's why Microsoft just gave up on it so quickly.
If somebody has issues with windowed mode or laptop mode it means that his computer has trouble with the software. Besides, nothing will change for you. It's just that switching to 32-bit mode will cut you off from the game update and you will not be able to buy the next, new packs because they will be useless for you. You will stay forever with the content of the game you have now.

Message 4 of 7 (1,529 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Which is why I'm trying to figure out what the **** problem is that I can't play the **** Sims in anything but 32 bit mode without my *** computer freezing up on me!!   Its why I'm here in the ** first place!! 

I'm not sure what I'm suppose to be looking for in the CBS/Log thing? Since I did the command promt thing.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 5 of 7 (1,517 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Madamelee 

Because your problems are not related to the game itself but to the errors of the Windows8.1 Microsoft system, I suggest that you ask for help in the Microsoft forum.
https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwj18_2brNjiAhWN6bIKHVF1Bf8YABAAGgJscg&oho...Oops

Message 6 of 7 (1,499 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

at the moment I'm seeing if downloading/install the 58 windows 8.1 updates might help any.  So once they're installed I will see what'll happen when playing the sims 4 

Message 7 of 7 (1,481 Views)