Trouble with The Sims 4 save recovery?

by FizzTing29

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Trouble with The Sims 4 save recovery?

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I would like to play a Sims 4 game that I had previously saved, however when I copy it into my Electronic Arts folder (as shown in this article https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/backing-up-and-resetting-the-sims-4/), and load up the game, it overwrites it and starts new. I opened up the save folder that I was using and it looks like this ( see picture attached). I'm not sure what this means and if it can be fixed. Thanks for your help.

Message 1 of 5 (323 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Trouble with The Sims 4 save recovery?

Hero
That looks weird.

Could you post the exact path of the folder you're looking at ?

This is for PC, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (293 Views)

All Replies

Hero
That looks weird.

Could you post the exact path of the folder you're looking at ?

This is for PC, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (294 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The save file was originally from a Mac, at Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Origin/Local Content/The Sims 4. I also looked through all of my backups (all the way back to 2016) and on the machine itself, they all look like this.

Message 3 of 5 (284 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Turns out I was looking in the wrong place, I should learn to read articles fully. I've got the save file now.

Message 4 of 5 (281 Views)

Hero
Glad to hear you got it fixed :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (264 Views)