Re: Trouble with Spawning SimsSessions Festival In-Game

by StarryMight

Original Post

Trouble with Spawning SimsSessions Festival In-Game

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EPs: I do not own Island Living but the rest. GPS: I have Dine Out, Dream Decorator, Parenthood and Strangerville but not the rest. SPS: Just Bowling, Toddler SP, Movie Hangout, Nifty Knitting, Paranormal SP, and Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know, I have tried everything! Make a new save file (I did) and still didn't generate the scenario even after 12pm as schedules and the lot of the scenario remain the same every Sunday.
What happens when the bug occurs? I need help! I don't know what it's happening with my game. I cannot seem to generate the festival (The scenario)! I've been trying to get the gurus attention to report the bug but still haven't got lucky. So far: I repaired my game. took my mods/cc and saves folder out, originally, before updating my game and also made sure to delete all the cache, localthumb and those files after every attempt of going in game etc. I have tried a new save file with just the content of the game and the problem still happens! (In my CC save and the one without) I need help! I have received the ticket, other sims calls, followed the guides post by Simcommunity and Simsvip and still is unsucessful (Of you know, trying to get out of the park and come back one hour after to see if the scenario has spawned already). But not, it still the same the whole day and it repeats again every in-game sunday! Please help me D: if possible. Here's the B.E (Better Exception report) as you can see all my mods are compatible. Thanks beforehand for your time and patience if anybody knows what's up!
What do you expect to see? To resolve the problem as soon as possible and let me know why isn't spawing in my saves or in any other that is brand new (with or without cc)! Thanks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I moved the files (mods and saves) to another folder on my desktop before updating the game. After that I realized about what I said in the previous steps.

As you can see in the photo, thanks to Better Exception Mod by TwistedMexi. I can assure you my mods/cc is compatible with the latest patch.

The only problem I have with the festival is the scenario doesn't appear and any other assets as it is expected. The same repeats every Sunday.

Message 1 of 17 (1,304 Views)

Hero
@Simtasticgallery Do you get the prompt to go there ? Are you looking in the right space ? It's not on the lot itself, it's by the river.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (1,251 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Yes I do get the prompt, ticket, the call and the pop-up message of the festival when it is scheduled (At 12:00 specifically, when I got to the park) as I said the only problem I have in every save (with or without cc, brand new or not remains the same: the scenario and assets doesn't spawn) and that's it. Neither the artists. Here you can see a photo of the sims spawning at the park in an odd way. and remaining there most of the time.

Hopefully this get fixed, I've tried by my own everything I mentioned earlier.... 

Message 3 of 17 (1,216 Views)

Hero
@Simtasticgallery Could you send me one of your saves that has issues ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (1,152 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Simtasticgallery : Is one of your mods townieoverhaul_lessfame by Bienchen? I just read on MCCC's Discord that it breaks the Sims Sessions Festivals.

EDIT: Another post that just came through on the same Discord mentions that Purple Skies by another modder (I'm not sure if I can say their name on here or not since part of it could be considered suggestive) prevents related objects from spawning. There's a hotfix for that, though.

EDIT #2: Another post came through saying that live mode lighting mods in general break the festival, too.

Message 5 of 17 (1,127 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@StarryMight Live mode lighting mods means ones that changes the overhaul of the worlds? Like Twinkle Toes or what?

And no, I don't have those mods installed as I said before, I had to remove every cc/mods to see what was happening and still didn't work as expected. D:

Message 6 of 17 (1,103 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Of course, I will. Thanks! 

You can download them here one of them is just base game content (No CC/Mods) and the one that says Fairview in-game is with CC. Both are saved just a few minutes away from the festival to start.

Download here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JR8CzgTiyuQSUT1qV26RFGeQ-IRLMGqT?usp=sharing It is recommended that you "play" with both to see how it goes.

Thanks once again for all your help and patience! Hopefully, the problem can be found!

Message 7 of 17 (1,099 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Simtasticgallery wrote:

@StarryMight Live mode lighting mods means ones that changes the overhaul of the worlds? Like this one?: https://github.com/ts4cc/lighting-mods#installation-guide or what?

And no, I don't have those mods installed as I said before, I had to remove every cc/mods to see what was happening and still didn't work as expected. D:

I think so. (I don't use them myself.) Also, thanks for the info, I was just wondering since I saw those posts. Standard smile

Message 8 of 17 (1,096 Views)

Hero
@Simtasticgallery I'll check it tomorrow unless someone else has gotten to it before me :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 17 (1,080 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict Okay, thanks once again! :D Have a good day! 

Update: As a heads up, I saw on Twitter luthsthings said. "Live mode lighting mods, such as the ones by Softerhaze, break the Sims Sessions festival (Why? I have zero clue). Update Purple Skies and pull out any others you use". And I use softerhaze lighting mods in my game. I am reinstalling the sims again because I did not backup the original data and delta files the sims has and just replaced them so I advise from now on, for those users who use it, to backup the original files just in case (I've never encounter a problem and the last update from that page was when Snowy Escape came out and since then it has remained without problems). So, I never thought it was going to cause problems with this patch but it seems it does. As I said I have softerhaze lighting mods in my game, so I am going to see how it goes... now that I don't have it.

Update 2: It showed up automatically when it was the time and sims didn't spawn in front of the lot doing nothing anymore as previously seen in the pictures I uploaded yesterday at this same thread!! (With or without CC/Mods) I just removed the lighting mods and install The Sims for again (without moving my mods/save etc just by deleting The Sims 4 Folder by Program Files on my hard drive.

Seriously, you are superheroes. I wouldn't have known the problem without you guys or Luth! So despite not using the forums unless it is something urgent. Spread the news!

Many people as me, don't use the forums as often, and follow many people on Twitter so... it would help if you spread it on your social media as well! 

Thank you!

Message 10 of 17 (1,070 Views)