Trouble launching save-game

by amandasofi915

Original Post

Trouble launching save-game

★★ Novice

My problem is, that I cannot load the household that I am currently playing. Other households in the same save work just fine, and other save games also work. Only this household is not loading (gets stuck on loading screen and stops responding). 

I have already tried: 
- repair 
- clear cache
- free up space on pc 
- run as admin 

would it maybe help if I try to delete some save-game files, so I lose a bit of progress, but not everything? 
Any other ideas? 

Thank you! 

Message 1 of 5 (271 Views)

Re: Trouble launching save-game

Champion (Retired)

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (267 Views)

★★ Novice
Hey thanks for the tip!
I just tried it out but unfortunately it didn't work
Message 3 of 5 (256 Views)

Champion (Retired)

See if you can revert to an earlier savegame. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 5 (246 Views)

★★ Novice
I successfully reverted to an earlier game (from before it started acting out), but it still didn't work.
Message 5 of 5 (238 Views)