Trouble Downloading Pre-made Sims

by RealBluecatsoda

Original Post

Trouble Downloading Pre-made Sims

★★★★ Novice

Super sorry if this is in the wrong place. I have looked everywhere and I can't find an answer to this. 

When I download pre-made sims from blogs and websites, I can't find them in the gallery.

The files are not in a sub folder and i have "include cc" checked. I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong

Message 1 of 3 (286 Views)

Re: Trouble Downloading Pre-made Sims

Hero (Retired)
@RealBluecatsoda

When you download such a sim from the net, you must also download its CC from the links that you will find on such a blog. Put the sim files into the Tray folder and insert the separately downloaded CC into the mods folder.
This sim will be visible in your library or Gallery when you enable the "show modified objects" option.
Sim will be invisible even if you do not have these CC. Sim once touched by CC is forever marked with a blue key and visible only in the "modified objects" option

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 3 (280 Views)

Re: Trouble Downloading Pre-made Sims

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I do download the cc, and as I've said, I do check the "Include cc" button (Which is what I assume you meant by "Show modified objects" seeing as there not a button labeled that)

Are you saying that it's absolutely necessary to download EVERY piece of cc?  Because, on the sim I'm trying to download, one of the pieces is not available anymore.

Message 3 of 3 (261 Views)