Re: Triple Threat OF TS4 House Bugs

by GunchapRed

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Triple Threat OF TS4 House Bugs

★★ Apprentice

So i decided to come back into Sims 4 after a while and i encountered 3 bugs that basically made the game unplayable. 

1: Whenever i load a lot that i built on, all the furniture that i placed magically disappears along with all the windows too. The house basically empties itself every time the game re loads the house.

2: There are some items that i simply cannot remove. Whenever i try to, it simply gives me a red message telling me that i the object cannot be moved. I have had this issue happen with a the vintage counters and a mailbox that magically spawned right in front of the front door.

3: My sim can't even get inside her home. When she approaches the stairs leading up to the deck of the house, she acts like as if there's something in her way, when all there is in front of her is a set of stairs and a fence with a gate that isn't locked for her.

These 3 bugs occur, it annoys me to know end and makes the game unplayable for me beyond the CAS. At this rate, i should drop TS4 and buy TS3 already, but i want to see if i can actually get this fixed. So i wanna know, what's going on and how do i fix it.

Sincerely, a pissed off player named Gunchap Red.

Message 1 of 5 (838 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)
@GunchapRed

After the last patches, a lot of CC and mods are incompatible with the game. You should check on the website of creators whether there are new updated versions.
If it comes to CC and mods where there are no new versions, move the mods folder to desktop once more. Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method
Hope you will find the culprits and delete them.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (801 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@GunchapRed

If you have any mods move the mods folder to the desktop. Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder and fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
If you don't have CC or mods delete this file and fix the game also. The game will create the same new file but without saved errors.

Try to put your house into City Management mode and not in game mode when your sim is already on the plot.

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 5 (832 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@kreatora wrote:
@GunchapRed

If you have any mods move the mods folder to the desktop. Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder and fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
If you don't have CC or mods delete this file and fix the game also. The game will create the same new file but without saved errors.

Try to put your house into City Management mode and not in game mode when your sim is already on the plot.

I don't work for EA

I've tried that and it did work for a little bit. However after testing without my CC, I put my CC back in and got to work on remodeling my Sim's house. However, the bug returned. I didn't save my game after, so all that hard work may have been salvageable.

Message 3 of 5 (817 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@GunchapRed

After the last patches, a lot of CC and mods are incompatible with the game. You should check on the website of creators whether there are new updated versions.
If it comes to CC and mods where there are no new versions, move the mods folder to desktop once more. Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method
Hope you will find the culprits and delete them.

Message 4 of 5 (802 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Alright, by deducing a mod causing problems,  i got rid of 2 of the problems. But still the problem with my sim not being able to enter her house remains. Thanks for the help.

Message 5 of 5 (775 Views)