Tried to change TS3W.exe compatibility and now it won't work! - PLEASE HELP! D:

by PlainBigMac

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Tried to change TS3W.exe compatibility and now it won't work! - PLEASE HELP! D:

★★★ Novice

Hi, ages ago I changed my 'TS3W.exe' compatibility to 'Windows XP (Service Pack 3)' and I watched a video on YouTube saying if you change it to, 'Windows XP (Service Pack 2)' it makes your game less laggy. When I tried that, It completely stopped working and now I have no idea what to do, I have tried everything... PLEASE HELP! Devil - xAbbyWabby 

Message 1 of 3 (699 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Tried to change TS3W.exe compatibility and now it won't work! - PLEASE HELP!

Hero (Retired)

@PlainBigMac  Why are you still using Windows XP. Windows XP is dead and no longer supported by Microsoft. Did you change the compatibility back to what it was? If you have lag the most probable issue is the video system may be to weak for this game. TS3 has been out for 8 years now and many suggested hints are no longer valid. You shouldn't have to use a compatibility mode to play the game. Windows XP support ended on April 8,2014 so you won't be getting updates from Microsoft and driver updates from vendors. If you don't have TS3 in Origin, the Windows operating system and OS X no longer supports the DRM the game was released with in 2009. The game now requires Origin for DRM - you may need to update your game to Origin.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (757 Views)

All Replies

Re: Tried to change TS3W.exe compatibility and now it won't work! - PLEASE HELP!

Hero (Retired)

@PlainBigMac  Why are you still using Windows XP. Windows XP is dead and no longer supported by Microsoft. Did you change the compatibility back to what it was? If you have lag the most probable issue is the video system may be to weak for this game. TS3 has been out for 8 years now and many suggested hints are no longer valid. You shouldn't have to use a compatibility mode to play the game. Windows XP support ended on April 8,2014 so you won't be getting updates from Microsoft and driver updates from vendors. If you don't have TS3 in Origin, the Windows operating system and OS X no longer supports the DRM the game was released with in 2009. The game now requires Origin for DRM - you may need to update your game to Origin.

Message 2 of 3 (758 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thanks! I set the Compatibility to Windows 8 and I ran the game, It seemed to do the trick. I went on Origin and right clicked on my game and pressed repair... I think that's what did it too. Thank you so so so so so much! Large smile

Message 3 of 3 (668 Views)