Tried everything. It just won't load.

by merindalorraine

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Tried everything. It just won't load.

★★ Novice

I had TS4 installed on an external hard-drive. Hard drive broke. I uninstalled TS4 and Origin. Reinstalled them on my PC instead. Attempted to launch game and nothing happened. Uninstalled TS4 and Origin again. Reinstalled both again on my new external hard drive. Again I tried to launch the game and nothing happened. I have reinstalled TS4 three times now and reinstalled again with absolutely nothing happening. I've updated my drivers. Tried to launch it from a second user account on my PC, repaired the game. Moved the Electronic Arts folder out of my documents. Completely deleted any and all files related to TS4 and Origin before reinstalling both.

I don't know what else to do. I click Play and it thinks for second then nothing. Origin says the last time I played the game was today so it thinks the game has launched. 

Message 1 of 4 (349 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Tried everything. It just won't load.

★★ Novice

I found the solution! Turns out it was my Sophos Home Antivirus! I found another thread where someone suggested turning off a particular section and it worked!!

In Sophos you have to go Protection > Exploits > Exploit Mitigation and then turn off 'Prevent code cave utilization' that did the trick. 

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (302 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@merindalorraine  Did you use a registry cleaner like ccleaner (there is a free version)? Did you relocate the game documents folder? Did you login to OneDrive? Some of movement is done by putting hidden files in the original folder. OneDrive moves files to the OneDrive folder.If you install the game and play it and THEN login to OneDrive that breaks where the game looks for files because the game thinks the files are in the user documents folder when OneDrive has moved the files to the OIneDrive folder. What you need to do is uninstall Origin and the game. Make sure you unhide files in file explorer. Then delete files. Then use a registry cleaner. THEN install the game. Also usb devices can and sometimes do change device designation so if you redirect to D: and the usb drive changes to E: the game will not find the files it needs. Your trying to fix the game but the game is probably not the issue - it's the operating system. Are you telling Origin to install the game to an alternate location? Are you moving the user game files from user documents to the external drive? 

Message 2 of 4 (334 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for your advice. 

• So I fully uninstalled Origin and TS4 from my hard drive
  • Enabled hidden files and deleted anything I could find to do with Origin or TS4
  • OneDrive wasn't set up on my computer as I double checked and I had never logged in or used it
  • I installed ccleaner and ran it. It removed 213 files it said weren't being used in my registry
  • I reinstalled Origin on my external hard drive and then reinstalled TS4 also on my external hard drive. Base game only

I tried to run it and the same thing happened. I didn't move any files I just installed directly onto my hard drive. I've just tried moving the files from within Origin back to my C drive and nothing. 

Message 3 of 4 (304 Views)

★★ Novice

I found the solution! Turns out it was my Sophos Home Antivirus! I found another thread where someone suggested turning off a particular section and it worked!!

In Sophos you have to go Protection > Exploits > Exploit Mitigation and then turn off 'Prevent code cave utilization' that did the trick. 

Message 4 of 4 (303 Views)