Trees aren't visible from high view

by Pomelo-Dilina

Original Post

Trees aren't visible from high view

★★★★ Novice

Hello. I'm here because when I place trees on the lot, it's fine visible from the sky view, but when I start game again, they're not. And I have to zoom on lot, to render them and they are visible again. I Have tree detail setting on very high and nothing. I have many lots with trees only and I need to fix this because I can't zoom on every lot in town to render trees everytime I start the game.

Maybe it's another EA crap that cannot be fixed but I appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Message 1 of 11 (861 Views)

Re: Trees aren't visible from high view

@Pomelo-Dilina  Just to clarify, are the trees visible in Map View, as in, when you click the button to see the entire map and you can also see tags on buildings and houses?  Or are they visible in Map View but invisible if you click on a lot but zoom out?  The reason I ask is that these are probably two entirely separate issues.

Please also take a couple of screenshots so I can see what's happening for myself.  You can put the game in windowed mode and use the Windows snipping tool if the in-game screenshot function isn't working.  And let me know whether you have Seasons installed.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 11 (820 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I will post more

Message 3 of 11 (813 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I zoomed from map view to lot an back to get trees visible, but I can't do it, again and again, every time I play it

Message 4 of 11 (812 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes I have Seasons installed

Message 5 of 11 (798 Views)

@Pomelo-Dilina  One cause of this is when the game engine can't keep up with demands: not rendering the trees can help a bit.  Seasons seems to make this worse.

Please try a couple things.  First, open this save, let it run for a little while (maybe 10-20 real-time minutes), then check the game's RAM use in the Task Manager.  (You can put Sims 3 in windowed mode and alt-tab to the TM and back.)  Let me know how much memory the game is using, in absolute values; if the TM is reporting a percentage, right-click on the Memory header to switch.

Please do the same in a new save in Sunset Valley, and let me know both the game's memory use and whether the trees appear.

Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post, so I can see the specs of your system and whether there are any other obvious issues.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 6 of 11 (783 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok, I sending you Task manager and dxdiag. The save that I playing is brand new world started just since weekend and I only launched it today. I just added some saved houses from library, but i don't have any sims here yet.

Also sorry for TM and DxDiag language, but I know you probably know what does it look like in English.

Message 7 of 11 (766 Views)

@Pomelo-Dilina  Your computer should be able to handle Sims 3, even on high or ultra settings, so that alone is probably not the issue.  However, if you haven't taken steps to manually limit your in-game framerates, excessively high fps could cause performance issues.  To see in-game fps, open the cheats console (crtl-shift-C) and enter "fps on" without quotes; a number will appear in the upper right corner, and it should never go above the refresh rate of your monitor, 60 in your case.  If it's consistently higher or fluctuates wildly, and you need help capping it, let me know.

Please also test a new save in a completely clean user folder, just for comparison.  Move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just let me know whether the same problem shows up.

The language difference isn't a problem, since everything is in its usual place regardless.

Message 8 of 11 (712 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have fps locked on 60 and VSync turned on. Looks like no mods doing this. I can't remember if I even had trees working properly since I bought this game. Isn't it normal after all?

Message 9 of 11 (695 Views)

@Pomelo-Dilina  I wouldn't say it's normal exactly: many if not most players don't report this issue.  (I don't see it on my system.)  It is certainly more common with Seasons installed, perhaps because of the trees' ability to change colors and lose their leaves in winter.  And there isn't always a good fix for it either.

If you haven't already, try turning high-detail lots down to 2 or 3.  At least that way, your sims' home lot should stay rendered while you play, trees included.

If you don't want to troubleshoot this anymore, and you're not seeing any other issues with your game, it would be understandable to just let it go.

Message 10 of 11 (682 Views)