Re: Tray file causing game to load to a white screen .

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Tray file causing game to load to a white screen .

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello
So I have been having issues with my sims game loading the Sims 4 logo and then going right to a white screen.
I figured out which file is causing it but its a tray file that keeps appearing when I go to load my game again, even after removing it (Removing it doesn't cause my only sims game any issues). idk how to fix this.

I have no CC

no Mods
and only one game file.
I recently factory reset my laptop cause it was getting slow from the amount of CC I had previously.
So basically I'm running on a fresh game and laptop.
If anyone thinks they may know how to fix this let me know. id be willing to send the tray file to you if that helps.

Message 1 of 6 (463 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@LovelyemoKids 

With "tray file"  I assume that you mean the tray folder that is used by the game. If you delete this the game recreates it when you start it. It does not cause a white screen.

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (444 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsenno I mean like a single file inside the Tray folder.
and no as I said in the post I dont have any CC or mods

Message 3 of 6 (425 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@LovelyemoKids 

You can not just remove a single file. The Tray folder holds the Sims and lots from your Library. Each item consists of several files. Try to move the Tray folder to somewhere else to make sure it is something from there that causes the error.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 6 (399 Views)

★★★ Novice

you can move singular files within the folder. I wouldn't have said I moved a file if I couldn't move it. my game runs fine when the one file is gone. but it returns the next time I open the game is what I'm saying. 
The file causing the loading error in on the right, the safe ones are on the left.
I took it cause nothing else was causing the issue.
My came is currently open and running file now that this was taken out.

Capture.PNG

Message 5 of 6 (389 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@LovelyemoKids 

You misunderstood what I wrote. You can move one but as you discovered that is a temporary solution and I told you why that is. Please do troubleshooting as I wrote.

Message 6 of 6 (354 Views)