Transparent and reflective CC texture bug issue

by TheHazinater

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Transparent and reflective CC texture bug issue

★ Novice

Hi, PC,

Max quality settings,

Downloaded some CC hair and stuff, looked good before, i then used sims 4 studios 'batch fix' which i think caused that is linked in the attachments, any way to reverse the effect? It seems to have effected all transparent and shiny CC textures like sun glasses too.

-Thank you

Haz

Message 1 of 3 (1,561 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Transparent and reflective CC texture bug issue

Hero

@TheHazinater  There is no undo for the batch fixes.  But S4S creates a backup folder for each date you fix anything that contains the original files that were fixed.  The only way I know to get the items back in your game as they were before is to delete the altered files in your mods folder and replace them with the original files from the backup.  Hopefully you've got your files organized to speed the process.  

I also suggest that you make a backup copy of your mods folder before you run S4S in the future and put it in a safe place before you run any batch fixes.  Easier to undo something when you've had something go wrong.   I've had similar issues before with S4S with running a batch fix with certain cc items especially with default replacements.  It's a great program but if cc makers have not followed the necessary steps when making their cc, S4S can give some unpredictable results like what you show in your pic.

Hope this helps

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,516 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@TheHazinater  There is no undo for the batch fixes.  But S4S creates a backup folder for each date you fix anything that contains the original files that were fixed.  The only way I know to get the items back in your game as they were before is to delete the altered files in your mods folder and replace them with the original files from the backup.  Hopefully you've got your files organized to speed the process.  

I also suggest that you make a backup copy of your mods folder before you run S4S in the future and put it in a safe place before you run any batch fixes.  Easier to undo something when you've had something go wrong.   I've had similar issues before with S4S with running a batch fix with certain cc items especially with default replacements.  It's a great program but if cc makers have not followed the necessary steps when making their cc, S4S can give some unpredictable results like what you show in your pic.

Hope this helps

Message 2 of 3 (1,517 Views)

★ Novice
@CGrant56 Thank you, I'll get to work ;(
Message 3 of 3 (1,493 Views)