Transferred Sims 3 expansion packs and now the game won't launch

by kaylahope

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Transferred Sims 3 expansion packs and now the game won't launch

★★★ Newbie

So I transferred some expansion packs from my old account to my new account, and now my sims won't even launch and I've done literally everything to fix this! I tried to get help from the experts, but they couldn't figure it out either. I've reset my computer to factory settings and tried to install the game on other computers, but the same thing is happening. Now I know that it is not just my computer, and only my account. But apparently there's "no way" to start fresh with a new account and add the games that way. I've spent so much money on these games and I just don't understand why there is no fix! I've wasted a lot of time going back and forth with customer service (a month to be exact) and there has to be someone out there who has also gone through this! Thanks

Message 1 of 4 (575 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Transferred Sims 3 expansion packs and now the game won't launch

@kaylahope  I've moved your thread to the Sims 3 PC tech section.

This issue has been happening recently, where someone has accounts merged (or codes otherwise moved around), and as a result, Sims 3 won't even launch.  The cause is that the base game code is deactivated, or blocked, or not properly transferred over... it doesn't really matter exactly what happened, only that Origin doesn't find a legitimate code and so prevents the game from launching.

The solution is to go back to support and have someone unblock or restore your base game code.  Unfortunately, support often doesn't understand what the problem is and tries to suggest irrelevant troubleshooting steps.  If your conversation with a support rep starts heading in that direction, you can link this post from an EA community manager about the issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-at-all/m-p/8574411#M238855

and this post where another affected person had the problem fixed by restoring the codes:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-does-not-launch-just-minimizes-Origin-for-a-sec...

Please let me know if you can't get anywhere with support.  There are still a few people affected who haven't been able to play, and I can add this thread to the list.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (551 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I'm using a pc and not a mac!

Message 2 of 4 (570 Views)

@kaylahope  I've moved your thread to the Sims 3 PC tech section.

This issue has been happening recently, where someone has accounts merged (or codes otherwise moved around), and as a result, Sims 3 won't even launch.  The cause is that the base game code is deactivated, or blocked, or not properly transferred over... it doesn't really matter exactly what happened, only that Origin doesn't find a legitimate code and so prevents the game from launching.

The solution is to go back to support and have someone unblock or restore your base game code.  Unfortunately, support often doesn't understand what the problem is and tries to suggest irrelevant troubleshooting steps.  If your conversation with a support rep starts heading in that direction, you can link this post from an EA community manager about the issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-at-all/m-p/8574411#M238855

and this post where another affected person had the problem fixed by restoring the codes:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-does-not-launch-just-minimizes-Origin-for-a-sec...

Please let me know if you can't get anywhere with support.  There are still a few people affected who haven't been able to play, and I can add this thread to the list.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 4 (552 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It worked!!! Thank you for your help! :D

Message 4 of 4 (537 Views)