Re: Traits trouble

by SheriGR

Original Post

Traits trouble

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Recently my sims in the game have the wrong moodlets of their traits. For example, my Sim has Romantic, Writer and Cat Lover traits but game receives me a moodlet with irritated mood and said that my Sim needs "brain feed"(genius trait)  or something else. In another family, sim receives messages from Get Famous special trait "Perfect Taste". I hope you will understand and help me!

Message 1 of 5 (567 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Razoriko Have you tried a game repair? 

Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game.

Can I also clarify a few things?

• Do you have any mods or cc in your game?
  • Are the sims ones you downloaded from the gallery or ones you made in CAS or that came pre-made?
  • If you created them in CAS or downloaded them from the gallery... did you change the traits afterward? If so, by what method? (Cheat, in CAS)
SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 5 (546 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have my own Sims, I created them in CAS. I have big mods like MC Command Center( I think it's not his fault), - all of them are updated. I didn't change traits, I think special Get Famous trait is needed for famous sims but not for my sims. 

Message 3 of 5 (524 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Razoriko Hmmm... well, I may have misunderstood. I thought you had changed their traits and that was possibly causing issues. There are known issues where sims who have been re-traited through various methods are having buggy and cross-trait issues, and I was prepared to connect you to some of those discussions/threads for your review. Since you are saying that this is not the case for you, I am going recommend a different action....

Since you do have Mods (CC?) I would recommend that you try the following:

• Please copy the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder to your desktop (for future reference) then delete the mods folder and localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder and restart the game and so that the game will re-create the folder.
  • Then run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. After that, please see if the issue has stopped. 
    (If It fixes the situation you can re-add your mods/cc one at a time to see if one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted also.)

Please let us know how it goes.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 5 (509 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Sorry for the delay. I am a student, I have no time to play the game often, I will write to you about results.
Message 5 of 5 (473 Views)