Townies randomizing with no last names

by jayndash

Original Post

Townies randomizing with no last names

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Batuu, Courtyard Oasis, and Bust the Dust
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play in the world until new townies generate
What happens when the bug occurs? Townies generate with only a first/given name, and no last name
What do you expect to see? Townies with both first and last names
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing Cottage Living and/or after the July 2021 patch installed (I did both at once).

Very odd bug--newly randomized townies are spawning with only a first name, and no last name. This has only occurred immediately after downloading Cottage Living and the July 2021 patch. As you can see in the pictures, the townies only have a first name when displayed in Live Mode, Travel With... and the relationship panel. When I used "Edit in CAS" the townies also only have a first name in their info panel (only 3 screenshots were allowed, or else I would have included a screenshot of that as well). I did have skin and eye replacers but have removed them. I have no script mods installed. 

Message 1 of 24 (9,465 Views)

Re: Townies randomizing with no last names

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi!

Same issue here, the townies born after the update don't have a lastname. I can't say it's the case for every single one, but definetely a few.

Would love to know what it causing this...

FYI i don't have the new pack.

Cheers Standard smile

Message 2 of 24 (9,245 Views)

★ Guide
@jayndash Interestingly, the Household has a name, but that surname is not given to the Sim
Message 3 of 24 (9,232 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue, I also have a mod installed that allows townies to have their own children, but the children being born only have a first name and no last name. Frown

Message 4 of 24 (9,172 Views)

Hero
@waswasplpink Does it also happen without that mod installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 24 (9,161 Views)

★★ Novice

I've been trying my game with and without specific mods and I've found out the problem is with a name mod that I created to add more names for npc sims, it seems to have clashed with the update and I'll have to re-make it! It works fine generating the first names but seems to have removed last names all together. Everything works fine now!

Message 6 of 24 (9,078 Views)

★ Novice

please can u say full name of this mod? i have the same problem and i can't find this mod in my mods folder Frown(

Message 7 of 24 (8,817 Views)

★ Novice

omg nvm i found it!! For those who have same problem it's NoCLILNamesNON-ENGLISH or LessCLILNamesNON-ENGLISH 

Message 8 of 24 (8,813 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It can also be caused by this mod:

Anyhow, it is not a game bug. Try disabling any name mods you have and keep in mind that names that have already been lost cannot be resored so you will need to start anew with a backup of your saves or a new save if you don't want to rename Sims manually.

CM Edit: Removed link, please do not link to mods on Answers HQ. 

Message 9 of 24 (8,806 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Without linking, could we have the name of the mod referenced?

Message 10 of 24 (8,604 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help