Re: Toolbars and popup menus disappearing

by Psychotps

Original Post

Toolbars and popup menus disappearing

★★★ Newbie

Just downloaded Realm of Magic yesterday. It loaded up fine, I made a sim and moved her into a house in the new world. I clicked on build mode to add some pet stuff, as she has a cat, and when I returned to live mode all of my toolbars were gone. No time/weather no mood window, none of the aspirations, career, etc; also none of the pop-up menus will come up, I can't instruct her to do anything, I can't even get the drop-down menu to save and exit to come up. I uninstalled the entire game, and the same thing is still happening. I can't find any information on this particular problem. Has anyone else run into this??? I should also mention that the drop-down menu in build mode did also not work (where you can pick from the different furniture functions). I do use CC, and very few mods. I am working on figuring out where the mods are so I can delete them as I don't ever use them.

Message 1 of 5 (2,092 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@kelcid89 I had a problem with the new pack but a re-install fixed mine.

Sounds like yours may be something to do with the world. Corruption maybe?

Try creating an entirely new world and see if it works there.
Message 2 of 5 (2,079 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@kelcid89What you describe sounds like what whould happen in tab mode. Since you say it has happened more than once that is probably not the cause.

Testing on a vanilla (no mods/cc) folder is the best way to investigate causes of issues.

You mentioned you have some mods. Mods and custom content (CC) can be fun to use but unfortunately they cause unexpected results.
They need to be updated by the creators to continue to play nice with the game.
When adding/testing mods and/or cc it is important to delete the localthumbcache.package and any other cache files.

Now ... how to test your game.
Rename The Sims 4 folder (found at \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4) to The Sims 4.old to keep your saves etc safe.
Start the game to generate a fresh new / vanilla / game.
Do not add mods etc until finished testing.

Play the game for a bit to see of the problem still exists.

If the issue is resolved you will need to investigate the mods.

Mods and custom content (CC) can be fun to use but unfortunately they cause unexpected results.
They need to be updated by the creators to continue to play nice with the game.
When adding/testing mods and/or cc it is important to delete the localthumbcache.package and any other cache files.

Troubleshooting tips
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199

- EQ Avid Sims Player
Game Version 1.55.105.1020 Patch 05Sept2019
All content installed thru Realm Of Magic
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 3 of 5 (2,063 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is there a good way to check the mods/cc? When I started a vanilla game it worked fine. 

Message 4 of 5 (2,036 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@kelcid89 wrote:

Is there a good way to check the mods/cc? When I started a vanilla game it worked fine. 

Mods/CC should be tested in small batches to determine which ones may be causing issues.
Once you determine the culprit you will need to go back to the original creator to get an updated version.
Please see the thread here:
The Sims 4 - Mods and game updates
https://help.ea.com/en/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/mods-and-the-sims-4-game-updates/

- EQ Avid Sims player

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 5 of 5 (2,015 Views)