Re: Told to repurchase content I bought through Origin

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Told to repurchase content I bought through Origin

★★★ Newbie

So almost a week ago I opened a case with EA because my account was suspended. They emailed me and told me it was because I had purchased extra content for Sims 4 from an "unauthorized retailer" and was given my account back but couldn't play my extra content only regular Sims. The thing is, I purchased that content a year ago from the Origin app on my computer. I opened a new case telling them this because I am not going to repurchase content I already bought with my own money on their own website. I also emailed their dispute account they gave me and got no reply of course. In my second case I told them they made a mistake and even showed them my purchase history on my Origin account. I got a response saying.

Thank you for contacting us regarding your inability to access your EA Account.
We have now completed our investigation into your query and upon review of your case, we can see that your account was disabled due to a chargeback in relation to The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure, The Sims 4 Cats, The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff & The Sims 4 Laundry Day Stuff.
Please note that a chargeback may occur if a game code has been purchased from an unauthorized source and/or if you have initiated a chargeback.
We have now reactivated your EA account, but in order to be able to play The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure, The Sims 4 Cats, The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff & The Sims 4 Laundry Day Stuff, you will need to repurchase the game from an authorized retailer. When purchasing EA Games please ensure that you are purchasing from an authorized retailer or recognized Digital Distribution Service.
Once you have repurchased the game, should you have any problems, please contact account disputes at [edit: email address removed] with proof of purchase and the relevant game code attached.
Please be aware that EA takes chargebacks very seriously and that further occurrences of this nature may ultimately result in permanent account closure of your account.
After completing two full investigations into your complaint, we consider this matter closed.
Thank you,

So I opened a new case and messaged that email account again because I seriously bought the content from Origin. It seems like they just want to scam me out of more money at this point because at this point I've made so many attempts to correct this mistake. I do not know what I can do further but I am not going to waste 60 more dollars on content I already bought. I clearly never violated the ToS. If anyone else has had this issue please let me know what you did to get your content back. Also how to get in touch with these people that clearly have paid 0 attention to my case.

Message 1 of 2 (838 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hi @fairykayla,

I'm afraid we do not have visibility on the purchases you make or your case details on the forum to be able to look into this for you or advise. If you'd like clarification on your case you would need to speak with the EA Help Team directly. Please click this link to open a new ticket with them. 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (819 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hi @fairykayla,

I'm afraid we do not have visibility on the purchases you make or your case details on the forum to be able to look into this for you or advise. If you'd like clarification on your case you would need to speak with the EA Help Team directly. Please click this link to open a new ticket with them. 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 2 (820 Views)