Toddlers disappearing

by PiperCoral

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Toddlers disappearing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi everyone!

I've downloaded sims 4 and played it without a problem and had my first child and everything was okay!

The problem started with my second toddler. I aged him up from a baby to toddler, edited him in CAS and two seconds afterwards he disappeard- he doesn't appear in the toolbar or even in the family tree!

Same thing happend with twins I had, only I didn't get to edit them, I saved after they were turned into toddlers, copied my saves folder to another place. I then exited the game, opened it and the toddlers weren't there, so I replaced the "saves" folder in the sims 4  for the copy I made, the toddlers re-appeard in the "load game" screen, I entered the house and they were gone again.

Now i noticed that there is a "scratch" folder inside the "saves" folder I copied, but it doesn't exist in the "saves" folder in the sims 4 folder (hope I made myself clear).

I do not use any mods or CC, but when I opened the Mod folder there is a file named "Resource.cfg"- should I do something with it?

Also, all the toddlers were "made" (sorry for the bad term) with Father WInter..

Can anyone please help me figure out what is wrong??

Hope I made myself clear enough, English is not my first language..

Thanks in advance!! 

Edit: I adopted a baby, aged it up to a toddler, saved, exited the game and it is still in the famiy.. perhaps there is a bug concerning Father Winter's children? Wondering

Message 1 of 4 (289 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Toddlers disappearing

Hero

It was fixed in patch fixed in Patch 1.47.51 so yeah, it's best to update the game.

There was a new one today.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (265 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @PiperCoral 

there was an issue with father winter children but it's supposed to be fixed. Did you download the newest patch today or what version are you at ? Here's instructions how to find out: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2018/07/how-to-find-your-game-version-number/

Did you copy the folder while the game was running ? The scratch folder is a folder were files are store while you play. Once you close the game, it gets deleted as it's no longer used. If you copied the folder while it was running, that would explain why you have that in the backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (274 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thank you so much for your response!
My game version is 1.47.49.1020
Anyway, I'll just won't make any babies with him.. thanks again Standard smile
Message 3 of 4 (272 Views)

Hero

It was fixed in patch fixed in Patch 1.47.51 so yeah, it's best to update the game.

There was a new one today.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (266 Views)