Re: Parenthood - toddlers do not lose emotional control/lose very slowly

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Toddlers character values don't change

★ Guide

@EuphorialQueen 
Oh, I see! It makes sense! Thank you for helping me out with this I didn't know how to solve it! 

Message 10 of 36 (1,043 Views)

Champion (Retired)

This is a good place to learn new things. 

Thank you for posting your question here.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 11 of 36 (948 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Actually, it is not true,
1 toddler can't change traits on their own, but they can if there is more than one.

Please, and Thank you raises Manners,
Teaching to say sorry increases responsibility.
Toddlers can babble or talk to other toddlers and family members to increase or decrease emotional control. Making a mess lowers responsibility, going to bathroom raises responsibility, using the diaper lowers it.

Toddlers have all the talking emotional things regular sims, have to other toddlers its just scrambled until they learn enough of the skill for talking that allows them to talk.

Please, keep in mind if toddles are babbling between one another its not going to change the conflict resolution a lot, compared to if they are really taking to each other.

Green = Happy Socials raises emotional control.

Dark pink = Playful raises emotional control.

Blue = Sad lowers emotional control.

Red = Angry lowers emotional control

There are some exceptions.

When sad toddlers can talk about Sadness to the other toddler or babble about sadness and that will increase emotional control.

However, if toddlers are doing it with teens and adults the amount of change is so little to even make a dint.

Message 12 of 36 (933 Views)

Parenthood - toddlers do not lose emotional control/lose very slowly

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a toddler. Attempt to lower emotional control value.
What happens when the bug occurs? Toddlers either do not lose emotional control or lose it very slowly.
What do you expect to see? Toddlers losing emotional control at a more commensurate rate with other values.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I am currently playing a legacy challenge and attempting to collect all 5 parenthood traits in both positive and negative status. When attempting to lower Emotional Control on one of my toddlers, I noticed that the value is lowering either very slowly or not at all, depending on the interaction.

Today, while she was exhausted, I had my toddler throw six tantrums and smash four dollhouses. After doing so, her Emotional Control value went from neutral (0), to this far in the red. This seems ridiculously slow, especially when compared to other values.

I have also had her working on lowering her manners value, and fewer interactions (eight, if I recall correctly) lowered her manners from neutral to the distance pictured below.

I would like to see Emotional Control lowering at a commensurate rate to other character values.

2019-05-07 (9).png

Message 13 of 36 (991 Views)

Hero
This kinda fits the discussion here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Toddlers-character-values-don-t-change/m-p/7850991

Did it lower more before ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 36 (986 Views)

Hero

@missdeefying If it's just slow and not stagnant, I don't think this is a bug.

Do you have the feeling it was more before ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 36 (943 Views)

★ Guide
Hi @crinrict - sorry about the slow reply.

I'm not actually sure. I feel like it was faster, but I wasn't actively tracking it, so I'm not sure whether that's accurate or frustration talking.
Message 16 of 36 (916 Views)

Hero
I don't think it should be moving a whole lot (like the opposite in the other thread, so if it does move, I don't think this is a bug either.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 36 (902 Views)

Re: Toddlers won't gain any "Conflict Resolution" values

Hero
@Tasha1709 I merged your post with existing threads. They only gain very little as you can see by the posts in this thread. Seems for a lot it's so little, it's not noticeable.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 36 (935 Views)

Re: Toddlers won't gain any "Conflict Resolution" values

★ Apprentice

Thank you for your reply, @crinrict . But I'm sure it is something different in my case, because:

1. It used to work differently before Island Living (meaning: progress was visible and toddlers could develop the character values "manners" and "conflict resolution" by being taught so).

2. While playing between two teaching sessions, the "Conflict Resolution" bar suddenly jumped to half full - and jumped back to its original status when I started the next teaching session (I tried again after every cache deleting).

It really doesn't feel like a normal game effect. Frown

Message 20 of 36 (922 Views)