Toddler still won't eat

by failuremoon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Toddler still won't eat

★★★ Newbie

Game has been updated, some modded content still installed but I've removed all modded build objects.

I can't interact with my toddler at all. Can't pick him up, can't talk to him. Every time I click the action, it appears in their queue and immediately disappears as they go to do it. 

Message 1 of 3 (167 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Toddler still won't eat

Hero (Retired)
@failuremoon

Probably outdated mod or CC is causing it.
Move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game - important!
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if a game is working now without mods and CC.
Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
You need to find a culprit and either remove it or replace it with an updated version

I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (158 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@failuremoon

Probably outdated mod or CC is causing it.
Move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game - important!
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if a game is working now without mods and CC.
Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
You need to find a culprit and either remove it or replace it with an updated version

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 3 (159 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for your help! I didn't even think about the cc I had needing to be updated with patches. Downloaded the sims 4 studio to help manage my cc and update. Looks like everything works now!

Message 3 of 3 (140 Views)