Re: Toddler highchair and beds, spiral stairs. Toddler glitches

by simmyfroggy

Original Post

Toddler highchair and beds, spiral stairs. Toddler glitches

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? fully updated
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Interacting with highchair or toddler bed. Using spiral stairs while holding toddler.
What happens when the bug occurs? Unable to feed the toddler in highchair or put toddler in highchair. I can put food onto the highchair but thats it. The Sim just says they cannot access it and deletes the interaction. This is the same as the toddler bed, unable to read, tuck in or put toddler to bed. Unable to use stairs while holding toddler on a spiral staircase. I have to teleport the toddler to go up or down stairs.
What do you expect to see? Sim is able to pick up toddler and put them in a highchair then feed them food. Sim is able to put toddler to sleep, tuck in and read stories
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Any idea why I can not interact with highchairs and toddler beds. interactions get deleted and unable to access bubbles appear above the sims head. I've tried moving the items to a completely empty area to try but this does not work either. Also toddlers are not able to be carried down or up spiral staircases which is very frustrating.

Message 1 of 7 (427 Views)

Hero
@mooki2312 Does it only happen in a specific house or also with another toddler ? Did you make sure nothing is blocking the highchair ?

Is the bed against a wall on one side ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (415 Views)

★ Guide
@mooki2312 another thing I'd ask is if there's a lamp above where the highchair or bed are. Some of the lamps tend to mess with routing.
Message 3 of 7 (407 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Seems to be all houses and also I've noticed all interactions apart from talk do not work with the toddler. 

Message 4 of 7 (390 Views)

Hero
@mooki2312 Could you remove all mods and test if it's also not working without them ?

There is a known issue with putting toddlers to bed when the bed is against the wall but haven't heard of any of the other issues you're describing to that extend.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (380 Views)

Hero
@mooki2312 Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (319 Views)

Hero
@mooki2312 Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (289 Views)