by Liv_Pearl06

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Toddler age up / bassinet spam

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have babies age up by themselves. I believe it usually only happens when I have multiples. I don't know if it matters, but for this pregnancy I had used the Ancient Bassinet by pre-purchasing two of them before the babies were born.
What happens when the bug occurs? I get multiple notifications each day that X has aged up to a toddler, and every time it happens, the bassinet that I've sold respawns, even on top of other things without Move Objects on, and has to be sold. Sometimes multiple bassinets spawn on top of each other, so leaving it doesn't even fix it.
What do you expect to see? No bassinet or age up spam.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Wasn't able to find any reports of this bug and I've encountered it before, so I thought I'd make a report.

11-22-18_10-19-32 PM.png

Message 1 of 10 (4,692 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Toddler age up / bassinet spam

Hero

Hi @marsteras

• do you still happen to have a save from before they aged up ?
  • At what point did you remove your mods ? Before or after the age up ?
  • What kinds of mods where you using ?
  • Have you tried repairing your game and delete your cache files ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (4,636 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @marsteras

• do you still happen to have a save from before they aged up ?
  • At what point did you remove your mods ? Before or after the age up ?
  • What kinds of mods where you using ?
  • Have you tried repairing your game and delete your cache files ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (4,637 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hey Standard smile

- Sadly, no. It only occurred to me later to switch saves, and I tried to duplicate the results with what I had and unfortunately couldn't.

- I removed the mods long ago, when I installed GF. I only ticked off that I'd had mods because I did have them at some point with this family. Not since long before the babies were conceived though. I run completely vanilla for now.

- Yes, repairing my game seems to have fixed it this time. I played them for several more days with no issue. Let's hope I don't see this bug again for a good long while. Standard smile 

Message 3 of 10 (4,606 Views)

Hero

Hi @marsteras

glad to hear that helped.

Moving this to the tech section for now you were able to solve with troubleshooting and I've never seen any other reports along these lines.

Please do bump this thread if it re-occurs.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (4,600 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've had this problem too and its been happening for a while so I don't want to reload the saves from before because I will lose lots of my progress and I don't use any mods cc, plz help.

Message 5 of 10 (4,543 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This has been happening to me since the last major update. My baby bassinets are re-spawning on top of themselves. I had to delete 7 empty bassinets before i could feed the baby. I had a twin taken away by social services as i thought id deleted all the re-spawned bassinets but i hadn't.

When baby ages up from baby to toddler i am getting multiple screenslams a day saying "sim aged up". When the screen slam hits about ageing up anyone close by get stuck at what they're doing and i have to reset them, i had two teenagers stuck in a pool (i forgot i told them to swim) and they nearly died as they couldn't get out, once i reset the toddlers they were able to get out. 

This is a brand new game as i deleted all saves thinking i had a glitched game. 

Just wanted to add this to the thread as i really think something funky is happening to baby bassinet (especially more noticeable with twins). I dont know if its to do with the lot trait where they can produce twins more or its a glitch with the game.

Thanks

Message 6 of 10 (4,455 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

As an extra piece of the puzzle i pasted the Last Exception file into The Sims 4 Last Exception Assistant and this is what it said.

Animation Missing Transform Joint Error

An issue with the animations rigging system.

An animation failed to find and use an object slot on the animation rigging skeleton.

In most cases, you're safe to ignore this error.

Don't know if this helps any EA people to fix this but i certainly hope it does. 

Message 7 of 10 (4,445 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@wildlilly1969

Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with random sims.
If the problem disappeared
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7. Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Step 9. Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from the old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Step. 10. Launch the game and check if this problem also disappeared in this old save. However, it may happen that although the new saves will not have this error anymore, the old save will remain damaged.
The last step - delete The Sims4 old folder.
Your saves and library will be not changed or damaged

I don't work for EA
Message 8 of 10 (4,428 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi I have this problem as well. I however play on a ps4 and as far as i can tell there is no way to report the problem with screen shots but its currently happening in my new save for my decades challenge. I have made over 400 simoleons because it keeps placing bassinets on top of each other. if anyone can help fix this I would appreciate it. Theres no custom content because we dont have cc for playstations. 

Message 9 of 10 (4,205 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all,

This is a rather old thread that has been inactive for quite some time, so I went ahead and locked it. 

If you need some help with an issue like this please feel free to create a new thread when you've got the chance, and we'll take a look. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 10 (4,171 Views)