Re: Toddler Trouble!

by PugLove888

Original Post

Toddler Trouble!

★★★ Novice

Toddler Question.

Iv'e almost purchased all of the packs now through Origin BUT when 'growing' a child the toddler stage is ghosted in the 'can do' items (sorry for non techie explanation). I'm up to date on all patches but this is still a problem and therefor have to skip toddler stage entirely otherwise they end up * themselves, half-starving and sleeping on the front room floor as they cant climb stairs! I've hit nearly every option open to me on an adult when trying to deal with a toddler and even tried 'mapping' by their reactions BUT different Sims garner different reactions. Help!

Message 1 of 5 (318 Views)

Champion

I'm not an expert, but the first thing experts will ask you is if you have any CC or Mods in your game.?  Custom Content and Mods will often mess up parts of your game whenever there is a game update unless the people who made the CC or Mods update those to go along with the new game update.  Frown

If you already know all this, I apologize -- I only state it just in case you don't know it, since people who are more tech savvy than I am will ask you the same thing before they do anything! Wink  If you do have CC or Mods, then you can take out your CC/Mods folder and see if that helps.  You can also try repairing your game.  Best of luck!

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 5 (304 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks PugLove888, but no mods or cc content (whatever that is), I'm a purist lol. I've installed one mod once and then uninstalled it immediately in a paranoid "if it's not broke why fix it" moment. I see a lot of fellow Sim'ers are having this problem and EA seem at odds to fix/repair the issue. Thank you for the heads up though, I'll have to get me tech savvy brother on the case to see if I've fully removed ALL components Thinking

Message 3 of 5 (297 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey!

If your toddler is having problems growing up, try turn off mods that you got recently. Remove them one by one, and see if that works.

I'm more a techie, so sorry if you don't understand what I mean. 😀

________________________________________________________________________________________

If this helped, grant me some EXP! 😀. Once you have done that, you can share the answer!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Message 4 of 5 (293 Views)

Champion

@Shoozie72 , I totally understand!  I'm a purist too.  I used to play with Custom Content and Mods in TS3, but an innocent looking CC doll caused all sorts of problems and I had problems with CC clothing as well.  I also had  the dreaded "Spike Baby Phenomenon" along with Sims having spider arms and legs. I removed my CC and the problem went away, then all of my families that had CC content went missing, including an adventurer that had collected tons of rare items! Devil  So I vowed not to use CC or Mods in TS4.  I try to only download and use items from the Gallery that says it doesn't contain CC; I guess though that people could just lie and include CC in their uploads and I can still get it that way, but I haven't found anything yet.Wink  Your are lucky to have a family member that is tech savvy!Cool  My husband doesn't play PC games so I have to rely on other Simmers for help! Heart

I wish I could be of more help.  Hopefully either your brother or someone here can fix your problem!  Please update us on what is the cause if you find out! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 5 (276 Views)