Re: The vets refuse to spay my dog.

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The vets refuse to spay my dog.

★★★ Novice

So this glitch started a few months ago with my sim dog Blue. We adopted her online and she came spayed. However, when she grew up she started doing her mating call. I took her to the vet and got her unspayed and spayed again. It worked and she never did the mating call again. Now with my new dog, Shado, I spayed her via CAS but she again, does the mating call. I did the same thing, (unspay and then spay again) assuming it would work. Boy, I was wrong. The vets didn't even pay attention to my dog the first time I checked in and the second time he put her on the examination table and started examining her although she was not sick. Another vet took her to the surgery station, put her in it for a second, the machine spit her out and she started doing the mating call again. Meanwhile, the machine was playing the spaying animation. Then it blacked out and when I reset it, it began playing the animation on loop. Please help!!!

Message 1 of 6 (282 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

Please see the bug thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-CD-Unable-to-perform-vet-surgery/td-p/6652787/jump-to/f...

You can click Me Too on the first page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (271 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (275 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please see the bug thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-CD-Unable-to-perform-vet-surgery/td-p/6652787/jump-to/f...

You can click Me Too on the first page.

Message 3 of 6 (272 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have no CC or mods

Message 4 of 6 (268 Views)

★ Guide

Hi there, 

Have you tried creating another Sim > buy the Vet clinic. With your original Sim > go to that vet clinic and see whether you can get it spayed once again :3. 

I'm sorry for not trying this before, though. I thought maybe you'll be able to test it faster than I will (since I'm not currently at home Frown

Looking forward to hearing from you! ^_^ 

Message 5 of 6 (254 Views)

Hero
As @jpkarlsen said above, it's a known bug.

I'm going to lock this thread. Please use the linked bug report for further posting.

It does work if you buy the clinic and do it as your own Sim.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (248 Views)