Re: The sims shutting down and other apps opening

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

The sims shutting down and other apps opening

★★★ Novice

Hi all, recently I've had this strange issue, in the following situation : my computer has been running for a while, I've been using word, Skype, firefox and closing them again. Then I open origin and open the sims. The sims launches, but then minimalizes, and apps I am not using, like Skype and Teams, suddenly opens. I can't get the sims to maximize again and be allowed to play, and I have to restart my computer.

When I restart my computer and play the sims as the first thing, it works. But I really find my problem strange and don't understand the reason. Any ideas ? Btw I have Avast antivirus installed and wonder if that can cause any issues. Thanks in advance ! 

Message 1 of 2 (381 Views)

Re: The sims shutting down and other apps opening

@Miara888  Sims 4 minimizing and not expanding is often related to Origin in-game, so try disabling it: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

I have no idea why your other apps would open either, unless they were already running in the background.  The next time you've been using your computer for a while and want to play Sims 4, please first go through the Task Manager's list of processes, including background processes, to see whether any of these other apps are still running or have services that are running.  (You should be able to tell from the icons next to the names.)

Avast definitely causes issues with Sims 4, but if you can restart and play, it's unlikely to be the issue.  Still, you could always try disabling it temporarily and see if you have the same issue.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (374 Views)