The sims 4 vampire download

by Meow_21_322

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The sims 4 vampire download

★ Novice

Hello! so I just got vampires for my game but when i download the game it says failed every time, so i went to check the files and the game file for it was there! and when i loaded the game it said something was still downloading even though it was finished. i loaded the game and it gave me the option to make vampires but they were glitchy and red and white. almost like a picnic blanket checkered pattern, along with the items that come with the game. I've deleted the file before and re-downloaded so i don't really know what to do. please help!

Message 1 of 4 (802 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The sims 4 vampire download

@Meow_21_322  Just to make sure this isn't a user data issue, please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see if you have the same issues in a new save.  If you do, you know the old Sims 4 folder isn't an issue, and you can trash the new folder and put the old one back tor restore your saves and other content.

Otherwise, you can try deleting the GP04 pack inside Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4; the file path will be different if you've installed the game elsewhere, but regardless, you want the GP04 pack directly inside \The Sims 4.  That should allow you to redownload the Vampires pack from scratch.  It's a good idea to clear Origin's cache, again, before redownloading as well.

If that doesn't work either, try moving the GP04 pack inside \The Sims 4\Delta to your desktop: this holds the data for patches to the pack.  Then clear Origin's cache again and repair, which should download a new copy of the folder, but if it doesn't for whatever reason, you can put the folder back.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (726 Views)

All Replies

@Meow_21_322  Please clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

and repair the game: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

Message 2 of 4 (758 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much, sadly this did not work. the game files for vampires is there but when i load the game it still glitches.I checked the files and everything seemed okay compared to my other expansion packs i have. The only thing wrong was the file labeled "version" when i click it it have nothing in it unlike the others. I have a windows laptop if the helps and honestly I'm not too tech savvy. If you have any other tips I'd love to hear.

Message 3 of 4 (745 Views)

@Meow_21_322  Just to make sure this isn't a user data issue, please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see if you have the same issues in a new save.  If you do, you know the old Sims 4 folder isn't an issue, and you can trash the new folder and put the old one back tor restore your saves and other content.

Otherwise, you can try deleting the GP04 pack inside Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4; the file path will be different if you've installed the game elsewhere, but regardless, you want the GP04 pack directly inside \The Sims 4.  That should allow you to redownload the Vampires pack from scratch.  It's a good idea to clear Origin's cache, again, before redownloading as well.

If that doesn't work either, try moving the GP04 pack inside \The Sims 4\Delta to your desktop: this holds the data for patches to the pack.  Then clear Origin's cache again and repair, which should download a new copy of the folder, but if it doesn't for whatever reason, you can put the folder back.

Message 4 of 4 (727 Views)