Re: The sims 4 seasons

by crinrict

Original Post

The sims 4 seasons

★★ Novice

I pre ordered the sims 4 seasons, downloaded and waited for it to be june 22, updated my game and everything. I can't play. It wont let me go into any families homes and it freezes. I even restarted my computer and updated it. Its the game.

Message 1 of 7 (355 Views)

Hero

Hi @BoricuaChula22

Are you using custom content and mods in your game ?

a lot of custom content/mods is outdated and needs updating.

Try removing everything and see if it then loads.

If it does, narrow down which one it could be,

Here's a list: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (329 Views)

★★ Novice

I already did that. That's how I figured it was the game. It was working fine until I downloaded seasons

Message 3 of 7 (308 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 7 (304 Views)

Hero

@BoricuaChula22 wrote:

I already did that. That's how I figured it was the game. It was working fine until I downloaded seasons

Did you try a new save for testing purposes ? Does it work on that ?

At what point does it freeze ? Does the household itself load and then freeze or just stay on the loading screen with music playing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (288 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yes I spent 4 hours on on this. My computer is not even a year old. I thought it was my computer so I shut it off, restarted 3 times, made sure it was updated. It wasnt my computer. I deleted my old saves, took content out everything. It was seasons. I even got a sims game error message i have never seen before. Every time i got to my current house hold, it acted like it was going to let me play and then it exits itself to where the worlds are. So then I would go to another family and it would just freeze. So I deleted everything and started over. It wouldnt even let me go to create a sim. I even unistalled everything,and reinstalled it. 

Message 6 of 7 (286 Views)

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (255 Views)