Re: The sims 4 install on two PC's?

by SimplyAnjuta

Original Post

★★ Novice

Does it still work if you buy it online. The reason i'm asking is because I have a macbook pro, but next year i'm getting a macbook air so i don't want to spend all of that money and only have it for one year until i get my new computer. 

Message 41 of 68 (3,950 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hey with Sims 4 you have the ability to download the game of multiple computers; however, you can only be logged in to Origins, playing the game on one computer at a time.  So if you are on your laptop playing and your wife wants to get on the desktop and play while you are playing; it wouldn't be allowed your wife would have to wait until you're done on the laptop to play on the desktop.  I hope this helps 

Message 42 of 68 (3,587 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi! Just wondering what if you create another origin acct? Will that be ok? For example my brother wants to install it to his laptop and I already installed it in mine? Is it possible to install from one cd to 2 different users? Really need an answer Frown
Message 43 of 68 (3,527 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

You can install the game on multilple computers but you have to use the same account (the product key goes only with a single account). I think playing at the same time should be also possible, but only one person can be in online mode and use the online features, for example the gallery.

Message 44 of 68 (3,524 Views)

★★★ Newbie

They took our game away from us completely without warning because we plaid the game on two computers at the same time.

We've been trying to get in touch with them since (about 6 months, thinking about just arresting them.)

Message 45 of 68 (3,518 Views)

★★★ Guide

Who took your game away and how? Thats just weird.

I just reread the solution posted in this thread by iamchris66. He states he talked to a person in customer support who confirmed that playing at the same time is possible with the mentioned limitations. 

Message 46 of 68 (3,510 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it only goes on 1 device. i had this issue too whil i was waiting for my computer to get fixed i downloaded sims 4 to my aunties computer.than when my computer was fixed i tried to download to my computer and wouldnt work.my auties computer has been whiped and nown for me thats a waste of 80$ mainlybecause im nevr gonna be able to use it again unless i buy a whole new disc

Message 47 of 68 (3,462 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@elliemarrietta13

That's not accurate: the game can only be redeemed on one ACCOUNT. You can log in with your account on several computers.

Just make sure you log in Origin with the same account credentials you used before on your aunt's computer, and you'll find your game waiting for you in your games library.

If you cannot find it, contact our customer support agents on: Standard smile

http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=the-sims-4&category=

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 48 of 68 (3,451 Views)

★★★ Newbie

the game comes with an activation code that only works on one computer. me and my sister split the cost of the game and we both bought it and now only she can play it so either way i cannot install the game.

Message 49 of 68 (3,404 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got the sims4 for my birthday. I went to my friends house for a sleep over and we installed it on her laptop thinking that I would be

@IAmChris66 wrote:

Alright, I was thinking about buying The Sims 4 and I have been looking for this information all day and would just like a clear answer. I know back on The Sims 3 you had the ability to install the game on 5 different machines, so I am curious if the same can be done with The Sims 4? Also I was wondering that if I can infact install the game to my desktop and laptop would only one of the computers be able to run the game at time?

I was thinking that if they let you install on multiple computers like the last game and it's supposed to be an offline game then it should not be a problem running the game at the same time on both computers. But any help will be much appreciated, thank you.

able to get on to t when I get back home on my laptop. so the question I'm asking is how can I get it onto my laptop

Message 50 of 68 (3,341 Views)