Re: The sims 4 install on two PC's?

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

you download the game from origin onto the 2nd pc.  it says to do this in the disk version of game.

Message 11 of 68 (28,083 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm pretty sure you can if you have the Sims 4 cd. But I want to find out if I can put the game on multiple computers after downloading it straight from the internet onto my desktop.

Message 12 of 68 (27,608 Views)

Hero

Yes, you can install it up on 5 computers at the same time but you can only play on one at any given time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 68 (27,593 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Just FYI, I bought the digital copy and when I went to download it from the digital site to my laptop, I got "that code is already in use". I just had to open "My Games" in Origin and it was there, just waiting to be downloaded.  I should have looked there first, ha.

Message 14 of 68 (27,533 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I've been wanting to buy the Sims4 for awhile now but I currently don't have the internet. I was wondering if I could use a different computer to activate the sims that has the internet but then play it on my computer. Someone please help.
Message 15 of 68 (26,756 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, i think i'm having the same problem atm because my brother lend me his SIMS 4 CD so i can install it onto my computer and he's already has this same game on his computer but i i'm having trouble downloading it onto mine, as it keeps saying "product number already in use" so how can i install it onto my computer? do i need to use a new product number?

please help!

Message 16 of 68 (26,185 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

You can only register it on one account and that's the account you need to play it with.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 68 (26,165 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This is **bleep** i want my money back

Message 18 of 68 (25,830 Views)

Re: The sims 4 install on two PC's? (with a twist...)

★★★ Novice

Just bought the Sims 4 Limited Edition and installed it on one of my desktop PCs. My desktops all have internet access so playing the game is no problem. However, at the end of December, I'm undergoing major surgery and have been told that I will be hospitalized for a full 7 days. I'm taking my laptop with me so I have something to play with to keep from going stir crazy while stuck in bed for a week. I'd like to install the Sims 4 on my laptop since I'll have a lot of time on my hands. If I'm understanding this thread correctly, I should be able to install and play the Sims 4 on my laptop so long as I have it hooked up to my home network so it can get online. What I'm wondering is if, once the game has been installed, can it be played without internet access? I won't be able to go online from a hospital bed, so if I can't play the game offline, there's little point in installing it on the laptop. Also, assuming I can play the game without an internet connection, will I be able to copy neighborhoods and households I create in the hospital back to my desktop when I get home?  I'd hate for all that time creating content to go to waste because once I get back home, I'll not be using the laptop to play the game.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Message 19 of 68 (25,708 Views)

Re: The sims 4 install on two PC's? (with a twist...)

Hero

Yes,

install the game at home and then start it once. Once you did that, put origin in offline mode and you then can play without Internet. You still need to log into Origin but you can do so offline.

I would try it out at home first to make sure it works. Just turn off Internet on your laptop.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 68 (25,703 Views)