Re: The sims 4 install on two PC's?

by mdoza92

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The sims 4 install on two PC's?

★★★ Newbie

Alright, I was thinking about buying The Sims 4 and I have been looking for this information all day and would just like a clear answer. I know back on The Sims 3 you had the ability to install the game on 5 different machines, so I am curious if the same can be done with The Sims 4? Also I was wondering that if I can infact install the game to my desktop and laptop would only one of the computers be able to run the game at time?

I was thinking that if they let you install on multiple computers like the last game and it's supposed to be an offline game then it should not be a problem running the game at the same time on both computers. But any help will be much appreciated, thank you.

Message 1 of 68 (216,193 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

Alright, after waiting forever to talk to customer support (haha everone needing help on launch day) I have finally recieved an answer for this topic. I have been told that the game can be installed onto multiple computers and ran at the same time. The only limitations this brings is the fact that some of the online features will not be usable by both at the same time to due needing to be connected to Origin to access them.

I hope this helps for anyone who was curious to these matters.

View in thread

Message 4 of 68 (239,108 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

I cant say for sure, but .... I did the same as you with sims 3.. after installing and activating sims 4 I tried to put it on another pc. it told me i had to sign in, but origin was signed in on computer 1. when i tried to close origin to sign it into computer 2 it wanted me to close the sims on pc 1. so it seems its not truely offline. you still have to be logged into origin as far as i can tell but you can be "offline mode"... very misleading.... i posted about it and still waiting for answer.

Message 2 of 68 (215,901 Views)

★★★ Newbie

From what I have read, the game is supposed to be offline while only needing to connect to Origin for instalation. But I have also seen people complaining about not being able to play the game without signing in. I'm hoping this does not mean that EA is expecting people to buy multiple copies of the game within the same household. I am trying to contact customer support as we speak, if I find anything out ill update here.

Message 3 of 68 (215,895 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Alright, after waiting forever to talk to customer support (haha everone needing help on launch day) I have finally recieved an answer for this topic. I have been told that the game can be installed onto multiple computers and ran at the same time. The only limitations this brings is the fact that some of the online features will not be usable by both at the same time to due needing to be connected to Origin to access them.

I hope this helps for anyone who was curious to these matters.

Message 4 of 68 (239,109 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Can I ask how this was done. Its installed, but when I try to open it wants me to sign into origin. I dont have an options of continuing without online features? My only option is to sign in

Message 5 of 68 (215,858 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am not aware of that, all I have recieve is confirmation that it will work. I'll see what I can find out once they are installed.

Message 6 of 68 (215,836 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I´m new at this. I also wanted to have this game in both my laptop and desktop. Do I have to download the game all over again on my laptop (on my desktop pc it´s already downloading) or can I "get" the game /installation file from my desktop pc and only install the game on my laptop?. I realize that this may be a dumb question....

Message 7 of 68 (215,817 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks this is a great help as I wondered the same thing. 

Message 8 of 68 (213,770 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

so what happen? did it work? can you install two pcs with the same game??

Message 9 of 68 (213,514 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Newbie

what about if you have two origin accounts?

Message 10 of 68 (213,509 Views)