Re: The sims 4 game loading

by Epickate99

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The sims 4 game loading

★★★ Newbie

While I was playing the sims 4, I noticed that the game wont let me save nor will it let me go in to build mode. The button to open build mode is not there, and when I try to save, I says "You can not save, game loading in progress" If I were to Hover over the gallery button as well, the same thing would happen "Game loading is in progress" I don't know what to do! please help!

Message 1 of 24 (24,878 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

So I know its delayed but just in case anyone else has this issue, my game got stuck on loading in progress because as one sims was going to take a picture another was going to plan outfit which conflicted. When I came out of plan outfit it was on camera and that glitched it. When this happens you cant save, build, or travel. The only was I found to make it work was to type it the cheat for modify career outfits

sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas

This forces the game to load CAS and when you exit out, the game is forced to reload. I suggest you do this as soon as you notice cause once you reload, your game will take you back to where the glitch first happened. But without the glitch.

Hope this helps!

View in thread

Message 9 of 24 (23,005 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I have tried to close out of origin, but that does not work.

Message 2 of 24 (24,814 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried to close out of origin, but that does not work.  I can not move my house hold either.

Message 3 of 24 (24,812 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

HI @coralcat18

could you try closing the game through the task manager ? Does it happen again if you restart the game ?

How long did you wait ? Maybe the game is not fully loaded

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 24 (24,782 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It has been doing that for a week and I haven't known what to do.
Message 5 of 24 (24,769 Views)

★★ Novice

I have a similar problem. The build, manage worlds, gallery, and save buttons are grayed out and when I hover over it says "Game loading in progress". I've restarted my game, removed cc, even created a new game. Sometimes it works, but if I go into cas and come back it won't work and now it's stuck. I haven't been able to play in like a week and nowhere is giving me answers.

Message 6 of 24 (24,384 Views)

★★ Novice
Also, this started happening after I installed City Living. Before that I had a loading glitch which I figured out right before getting City Living. I don't know if it's related.
Message 7 of 24 (24,384 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 24 (24,364 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So I know its delayed but just in case anyone else has this issue, my game got stuck on loading in progress because as one sims was going to take a picture another was going to plan outfit which conflicted. When I came out of plan outfit it was on camera and that glitched it. When this happens you cant save, build, or travel. The only was I found to make it work was to type it the cheat for modify career outfits

sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas

This forces the game to load CAS and when you exit out, the game is forced to reload. I suggest you do this as soon as you notice cause once you reload, your game will take you back to where the glitch first happened. But without the glitch.

Hope this helps!

Message 9 of 24 (23,006 Views)

★ Novice
omg thank you
Message 10 of 24 (22,643 Views)