The sims 4 don't launch from my DVD but want sims legacy

by valearci33

Original Post

Re: The sims 4 don't launch from my DVD but want sims legacy

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@jpkarlsenv Thank you for trying help... but I don't want to update Windows, because my pc will have more issues, I already contacted asus and it's not something they can fix. We should change notebook every year, according to them. I just wish to play the sims 4 with my notebook as i did before, but it seems today everything have to be continuosly update and this  at the end, give more troubles than nothing... I remember with the sims 2 i never had a problem and i can still play the game even today... now seems everything need to be updated..... the planet is full of mobiles and notebooks in the garbages...

Message 11 of 13 (175 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@valearci33 

It is important to keep Windows updated otherwise hackers can use known vulnerabilities to attack your PC. An example is ransomware that encrypt your HDD so you loose everything unless you pay the hacker.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 12 of 13 (164 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Yes, this is one of the things they updates windows, anyway, this is good for companies, offices or similar, but me, as single consumer, i have my own responsability ...  I own my personal pc (not the notebook), since 2004 and  was not necessary all these updates continuos... I updated already windows at the beginning of this year, and I had a lot of troubles.. now again, after few months, they need to update again.... with my windows 7 old, I never had to update and i never had a problem with the sims 2, and any other software... it seems today everything need to update, Origin, windows, the sims4... it's becaming really difficult... at this point, probably i will think to sell my sims 4 , i can't keep to update notebook every 5 months... and since always i have issues, I spent more time to call the services of assistence, (one day i had problems with my asus app, another day, problems with windows updates, another day with origin that want update... i spent more time to try to solve issues, than actual use the notebook....  

Message 13 of 13 (393 Views)