Re: The sims 4 crashing to desktop

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

The sims 4 crashing to desktop

★★★ Newbie

I have a problem because when I play Sims 4 it mostly throws me to the desktop without any errors, it happens when I speed up a time. Mostly it kicks me out after about an hour of play. Pls help.

Message 1 of 6 (244 Views)

@Jajo174  Please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also let me know what world(s) you're currently playing in, and whether you use mods and custom content.  It's fine if you do; we just need to account for that too.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (237 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm playing in San Myshuno and I dont use any mods.

Message 3 of 6 (234 Views)

@Jajo174  San Myshuno runs quite poorly, even on overpowered hardware, and trying to run it at triple speed can make things worse.  The game shouldn't be crashing though.  Please test a new save in Willow Creek or Oasis Springs, just for comparison: pick a reasonably complicated house (e.g. the Spencer-Kim-Lewis household in WC), play it for a sim-day or two, speed up the clock and pan the camera, etc.  Let me know whether it crashes or you notice any other performance issues.

Message 4 of 6 (229 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Can I just move my sim to another city? Like, for example, to a university?
Message 5 of 6 (220 Views)

@Jajo174  Yes, you can do so by choosing to move houses on the phone.  You don't need to enroll your sim in university, but that would be considered a move as well, with the old house or apartment getting sold off.

Message 6 of 6 (208 Views)