Re: The sims 4 cats and dogs problems

by kawaii_starfire

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The sims 4 cats and dogs problems

★★ Novice
I have had a few issues since downloading the game. The first time I played I had no problems what-so-ever, however when I came back to play again, it has become incredibly laggy, my sim keeps becoming unresponsive and I keep having to reset her, the pets do the same thing and when I tried to exit the game after saving, it wouldn't leave the game. At all. I clicked quit and save and it just did nothing.... apart from save. I have to use task manager to exit. Half the time the game is also very unresponsive I.e I try to click on something and nothing happens. Why is this suddenly happening? I haven't done anything to my laptop since I played the first time so what happend? What can I do? I love this game but it's getting impossible to play. Thanks
Message 1 of 8 (793 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@kawaii_starfire

Please make your own thread as your issue has nothing to do with this one Standard smile

Your issue seems to be with Origin, here's the correct board: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/bd-p/O-2

But if you want a tip, make sure you're logged in before buying.

@loulou6429

It seems like your graphics card is a bit weak. Your dedicated memory is 32 MB and the requirements for the game is 128 MB.
Cats&Dogs have higher requirements than the base game, so that may have triggered it. Otherwise your RAM and processor is fine, but with these graphics it might be hard to run properly.

Your graphics driver is from 21/12/2015, so if you find an update that's always good.
Also make sure that your graphics settings are set to lowest quality on everything. You can change your settings a bit and see if it works, like enabling/disabling vsync. Also enable laptop mode.

It might also do some good clearing the game cache etc, the best way to do this is resetting the game.

• Make a backup; copy your The Sims 4-folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to an external drive or somewhere else on your computer, for example your desktop.
  • Rename the The Sims 4-folder in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to The Sims 4_backup
  • Start the game, make a new save, and exit the game. 
    (The game will have created a new The Sims 4-folder in your documents, this is supposed to happen)
  • Start putting folders back in the new The Sims 4-folder.
    • Options.ini - your game settings
    • Saves - your old saves. The sub-folders are not needed. If putting these back causes problem, try putting one back at a time.
    • Screenshots
    • Custom music - if you have any
    • Tray - your library objects; like lots, rooms and sims
    • Mods - your mods and cc, might cause problems when putting back

Source: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/backing-up-and-resetting-the-sims-4/

Good Luck! Standard smile

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (915 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@loulou6429

I assume you don't have any mods? Otherwise, remove them and see if the game works better.
For example, move the mods folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to your Desktop and start the game.

Also please post a DxDiag:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 2 of 8 (788 Views)

★★ Novice
Thanks for responding, no I do not have any mods on my sims so can't be that.
Message 3 of 8 (786 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@loulou6429

Then please do as instructed and post a dxdiag Standard smile

Message 4 of 8 (784 Views)

★★ Novice

Here is my diag file.

Message 5 of 8 (781 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Whenever I try to purchase cats and dogs from origin or the sims website, I press add to cart, but when I press cart it says it is empty. Does anyone know why that is?? Also, I would have purchased it when it was on sale, but I couldn't. And yes, I have tried this on 4 different devices including my pc.

Message 6 of 8 (767 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@kawaii_starfire

Please make your own thread as your issue has nothing to do with this one Standard smile

Your issue seems to be with Origin, here's the correct board: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/bd-p/O-2

But if you want a tip, make sure you're logged in before buying.

@loulou6429

It seems like your graphics card is a bit weak. Your dedicated memory is 32 MB and the requirements for the game is 128 MB.
Cats&Dogs have higher requirements than the base game, so that may have triggered it. Otherwise your RAM and processor is fine, but with these graphics it might be hard to run properly.

Your graphics driver is from 21/12/2015, so if you find an update that's always good.
Also make sure that your graphics settings are set to lowest quality on everything. You can change your settings a bit and see if it works, like enabling/disabling vsync. Also enable laptop mode.

It might also do some good clearing the game cache etc, the best way to do this is resetting the game.

• Make a backup; copy your The Sims 4-folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to an external drive or somewhere else on your computer, for example your desktop.
  • Rename the The Sims 4-folder in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to The Sims 4_backup
  • Start the game, make a new save, and exit the game. 
    (The game will have created a new The Sims 4-folder in your documents, this is supposed to happen)
  • Start putting folders back in the new The Sims 4-folder.
    • Options.ini - your game settings
    • Saves - your old saves. The sub-folders are not needed. If putting these back causes problem, try putting one back at a time.
    • Screenshots
    • Custom music - if you have any
    • Tray - your library objects; like lots, rooms and sims
    • Mods - your mods and cc, might cause problems when putting back

Source: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/backing-up-and-resetting-the-sims-4/

Good Luck! Standard smile

Message 7 of 8 (916 Views)

★★ Novice
Thank you so much I'll do that Standard smile thanks for your help
Message 8 of 8 (750 Views)