Re: The sims 4: Gallery wont connect to the internet

by 172e3cda00349872

Original Post

The sims 4: Gallery wont connect to the internet

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi!

I've read countless forums, followed youtube videos and googled for a month now without solving my issue.

Everytime I try to go online to view the gallery I get the following message: "You're not connected to the internet. Make sure you have a working connection if you want to view the gallery". (I've attached 2 photos showing this in my language).

This is very strange since I'm connected to the internet via a cable. I've attached a photo of an internet speed test.

The only reason I can think of now is that I live in a student apartment on campus. This has no effect on other sites or games so I don't know if that the cause of the internet connectivity problem. I don't have access to the router so I can't reset it. Though I doubt that will solve the issue.

Here is a list of all the troubleshooting advice I've already done multiple times:

- Uninstalled and reinstalled the game

- Removed all mods and cc

- Repaired the game

- Updated the game

- Unticked the box for internet features inside the sims 4 settings. Then ticked it again.

- made sure my antivirus is not blocking the sims 4 or origin

- made sure my firewall is not blocking the game.

- Ran the game as an administrator.

Yes, origin is online. I can chat with my friends there. I am 22 years old so I don't have a restricted account. I've bought the game and several packs myself.

Please let me know if you have a solution or something else I can try besides what I've already done 5 times. Thank you ♥

Message 1 of 10 (2,445 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Make sure you security software does not block Origin or The Sims 4.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 10 (2,400 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Melaisse

Thank you for the list of things you've tried. Have you tried taking your computer to a friend's house or local coffee shop to test the gallery from there?

From what I understand some places like colleges block access from the gallery.

I don't know if this will help, reset your Sims 4 folder.

You can reset your Sims 4 folder by renaming it or moving it to the desktop and playing the game so it makes a new Sims 4 folder.

Here's a how-to:

Rename your Sims 4 folder to Sims 4_Backup. The game will create a new folder next time you play. - Renaming it or moving it to the desktop will help you have a backup and keep your Sims 4 files safe.

Repair the Sims 4 game. In Origin > Game Library - right-click on Sims 4 and select Repair. - To make sure the install files and such are in working order.

Try launching the game, play a new save. If it's not working, don't save. However, if everything is playing okay then start putting the files back. (list of files and folders below).

- Options.ini (User game settings)
- Tray Folder (Sims/Houses/Commercial lots and rooms)
- Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
- Rest of the save games, if any.
(leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave. It is not used anymore.)
- Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, and makeup
- Mods (Put these back one by one to make sure they all still work)

More information - Resetting the game to factory settings without reinstalling
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199#Reset...

If you move or rename the Sims 4 folder, the game will no longer be able to find it. When you go to play the game it will create a new folder.

Message 3 of 10 (2,392 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@172e3cda00349872

I have a stationary computer so it will be too heavy for me to carry to a friends house or a cafe since I don' have a car.

I will however try the things you mention and let you know if they work! ♥

Message 4 of 10 (2,380 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen I don't mean to be rude, but if you read my post then you would know that I've already tried this several times. Thanks for answering tho♥

Message 5 of 10 (2,379 Views)

★★ Pro

@Melaisse

If you have a cellphone with internet, you can use your cellphone as a temporary Wi-Fi hotspot for internet connectivity. You might have to do a web search on how to do that with your specific cellphone.

Message 6 of 10 (2,362 Views)

[ Edited ]

To add, not all the desktop PCs can use WiFi, most of them use a cable instead. Laptops usually do have a WiFi connection option. It's good to check that as well. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 7 of 10 (2,350 Views)

★★★ Novice

did you find a way to fix it? i have the same exact problem and I am desperate! 

Message 8 of 10 (625 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey! First of all I'm sorry that you're experiencing this. The solution is to connect to another Internet source. So what I did was not play the sims until I moved off campus hahahha. ❤️

Message 9 of 10 (612 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, 

As this thread is now a bit older, it's been locked to prevent necro-posting.

If you're needing further help with connecting to The Gallery, please see our more recent Gallery Connection Troubleshooting thread here

solaire.png

Message 10 of 10 (592 Views)