The sims 4 Cats and Dogs issues!!

by AmberrWhoo

Original Post

The sims 4 Cats and Dogs issues!!

★★★ Newbie
I have successfully downloaded the sims 4 cats and dogs! My game loads up fine , until I get to Brindleton Bay and try and create a sim! It brings me to the load screen with the tips at the bottom and the plumbob, won’t wont load create a sim, whhyyyyy?? I have work in 2 hours and want to play what the *%#^ EA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 1 of 39 (22,293 Views)

Re: The sims 4 Cats and Dogs issues!!

Hero

Are you using any mods/cc in your game ? If so, please remove and try without

Mods and cc get outdated with patches and need updating.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 39 (22,265 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having a similar issue. The game downloaded fine, but whenever I launch the game, the EA and Maxis logos play, and the game plays the loading music, but it only stays on a white screen. I have removed mods, updated the game, repaired the game, updated my computer, turned it on and off, and nothing is working. I've been trying since 1am EST, so almost 12 hours.

Message 3 of 39 (22,254 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 39 (22,242 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Please help!

I have purchased Sims 4 Cats and Dogs today, I use Origin, and it will not download when you click download. It just zips through it real fast and the option to "download" never goes away.

I have all current updates, no mods and no CC. 

I have restarted my comp and hit 'repair' on Sims 4. 

why wont it download or install? 

Thanks Frown

Message 5 of 39 (22,070 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem! Have you fixed it yet?

And I cant close my game out because it's still loading ;(

Message 6 of 39 (21,797 Views)

Hero

Just force close the game through the task manager, then remove your mods/cc

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 39 (21,628 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I don't play Sims 4, my daughter does, I just manage her account so she doesn't go mad with purchases - so she downloaded Cats and Dogs last night. Built her new pet inclusive family dropped them into a starter home in Bridlington Bay* and the game never starts (permanent hints and tips). 

She's got quite a few mods installed, so based on comments here I'm going to get her to uninstall all her mods and try again (as we had already rebooted the machine a few times and made sure the game was up-to-date). I'll report back if we have any success (especially if it does work and we can identify the mod(s) causing the issue.

* She also created a new test family and dropped them into one of the older regions, that also hung on loading up, so it's not Bridlington Bay specifically that's the issue.

Message 8 of 39 (21,553 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you! It works fine now that I have taken the mods out. I really don't like playing without mods though, is there a way to play with mods yet? 

Message 9 of 39 (21,331 Views)

Hero

Check if they got updated by the creators

Here's a list of broken stuff: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017/p1 and what's updated

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 39 (21,293 Views)