Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

The sims 4 Cannot start because of missing or damaged data

by hatb1986

Original Post

Re: The sims 4 Cannot start because of missing or damaged data

★★★★ Novice

I got this message after an update..found the answer for everyone..it's caused by a conflict with a mod...or (item) in mod folder..find and download Mod Conflict detector by Dmitrymalfatto..install  run scan...remove items in dark blue..one at a time..restart sims 4..usually its only one or two items causing the problem

Message 61 of 101 (669 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem but I do have mods/cc

Message 62 of 101 (576 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem but I do have mods/cc

Message 63 of 101 (576 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I did the same thing just after tiresome trouble shooting i just deleted the whole sims 4 folder and it now runs cheers

Message 64 of 101 (530 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same issue is happening to me. I do have cc downloaded and when i remove them the game works fine. This issue only happens after downloading new cc. this is the 2nd time now im having this issue.

Message 65 of 101 (509 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It still did not work for me. I went to the website and did everything he/she asked but it still will not work. I am beginning to feel scared because I do not want any damage done to my game. Please Help!!!!!

Message 66 of 101 (430 Views)

★★★★ Novice

How can you figure out what it is that's causing it!? when you have over 3000 CC mods? this problem didn't start until I downloaded CC today and I THOUGHT I deleted it but it still gives the same message I'm starting to get pissed because I can't lose my CC FrownShocked

Message 67 of 101 (357 Views)

Hero

It's cc most of the time so mods ARE probably safe (but given we had a patch, you need to check on those anyways).

Remove the cc you've added last first, in groups, until it starts again.

Could be that a cc got borked with the update too and it's something you had for a while.

These are the fastest methods: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 68 of 101 (351 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same problem and I use custom content. I know it's probably one of those but the thing is that before I downloaded some items I had opened the game just fine but now it won't open so I deleted all the recent custom content files but it still won't work. The thing is I am suspecting that one of the files was included with another date and that is why I cannot find it. What should I do? 

Message 69 of 101 (315 Views)

★★★★ Novice

DHow do I do that when my game won't start? I'm sorry,I'm just angry right now and that didn't help *sighs*

Message 70 of 101 (302 Views)
sims-four-characters

The Sims 4 Patch Notes

Check out the latest updates and bug fixes

View more on EA Help
white-sims-bg

Restore a previous saved game

Choose from an automatically stored save point in The Sims 4 if your data's corrupted or you want to revert anyway.

View more on EA Help

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help