Re: The sims 4 Cannot start because of missing or damaged data

by budgetmia

Original Post

Hero

Does the folder get re-created for you each time ? What's your OS ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 81 of 107 (1,532 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

No, it doesn't get re-created. My Mac is OS 10.11.4

Message 82 of 107 (1,526 Views)

Hero

Then it might be a permission problem for you. The error also occurs if there's problems accessing the folder.

Since you're on a mac, I suggest you post in the mac forum: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac for better help.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 83 of 107 (1,520 Views)

★ Novice

How did you reinstall it? i'm having the same problem but i have no idea how to reinstall the game....

Message 84 of 107 (1,492 Views)

Hero

You don't have to reinstall the game.

Are you using custom content ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 85 of 107 (1,490 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem , and i'm sick of trying all answers uninstal reinstall.. please Help I don't know what to do ..

Message 86 of 107 (1,470 Views)

Hero

Are you using custom content ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 87 of 107 (1,466 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

All my dlc's and  my sims is not workin it says i have to reinstall it

Message 88 of 107 (1,427 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i'm having a similar problem where everytime i start up origin it says my data is either missing or damaged... also the sims 4.. i have some expansions aswell as having the base game on disc... though i did download it via orgin this time because it is easier... though my game it'self runs fine other than the occasional sound glitches (child sims singing sound continueing on even after the kid stopped singing and sometimes the loading music keeps playing when in my game) the sims 4 is the only game i have this problem with every time i try to play the sims i have to repair my game.. it works after repairing but it's such a pain...

Message 89 of 107 (1,131 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue. But, I know it's Sims 4 Cats And Dogs that is causing it. When I uninstalled Origin and my Game, it downloaded most of the packs, and I went into the game just fine. However, as it tried to download Sims 4 Cats and Dogs, it said on screen "Download Failed" and wouldn't let me open the Sims 4. 

It'd come up with an error message: "Unable to start: Cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged. Please repair or reinstall the game via origin." 

However, I already Repaired and Uninstalled the Game. If there is anything anyone can do, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks Embarrassed

Message 90 of 107 (983 Views)