Re: The sims 4 Cannot start because of missing or damaged data

by wilson5521

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I have deleted all my mods and tried the backup ix and it still give me the same message. My game CD is in another country so I can't reinstall it. I just updated it. Please help!

Message 51 of 107 (1,540 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 107 (1,537 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I fixed mine. I accidentally put a corrupted custom content file in my mods folder. If there was a mod that didn't fully load, take it out Standard smile

Message 53 of 107 (1,489 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Im having the same problem, but i dont want to delete my Sims 4 folder becasue i install CC

Message 54 of 107 (1,460 Views)

Hero

You have a faulty custom content and you can either try and find that or not play.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 107 (1,455 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've done everything. I've tried re-installing the game, and nothing changes. I have custom content in my game, and I moved all of it out and it still had the error. Some other people suggested deleting cache files and running CHKDSK and such but nothing works. I've also tried crinrict's method of backing up the Sims 4 folder. I tried renaming the folder, and nothing happens. I also tried copying the folder and moving it to another folder, with nothing in my EA folder (Sims 4 is the only game I have inside) and I still have the error. I am a Sims fan at heart and have been devastated because my game has been like this for over 3 months and I really love the game. I don't want to restart my whole Sims game because I have done so much progress, and I have already tried something which ended up in me losing half of my custom content. Please help me!   Frown

Message 56 of 107 (1,365 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I, too, have been having this issue.  As far as I know, I do not have any mods or custom content installed.  In the mods file, there is a file name "Resource.cfg".  Is this anything I need to worry about?  I tried making a backup file, but it still didn't work, so now I'm trying to repair the game.  After going online, I was able to click "Repair Game".  I am trying that right now, and will keep people updated for future reference.  (I must say, a lot of people are having this problem after the new update, and many of them do not have mods or custom content downloaded), which makes me think it's something in the new update.

Message 57 of 107 (1,364 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just finished repairing the game.  The computer proceeded to shut down.  Hopefully this works.  Will continue to update in the hopes that this might help others in the future.

Message 58 of 107 (1,358 Views)

★★★ Newbie

At least the game is opening now.  It's acting like it's completely new, but I don't know if that's part of the "repair" deal or not.  If not, I noticed that the game created a new Sims 4 file.  Luckily, I still have the backup file, so (correct me if I'm wrong) I should be able to delete the old file and play from my backup with my old sims.  I am going to try tomorrow, since the computer is struggling to stay on after working so hard.

Message 59 of 107 (1,355 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same thing happened to me recently. I have MODs, so what I did was I removed all my recent (past week) mods, because after I got a new mod that's when the problem started. After I removed all of my recent mods, the game worked again. I hope this was helpfulThumbs up

Message 60 of 107 (1,327 Views)