Re: The sims 4 Cannot start because of missing or damaged data

by briony318

Original Post

Hero

The folder gets created when you start the game for the first time. Very odd that you get the message before even having the game started once.

Try repairing your installation through Origin

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 107 (3,196 Views)

★★★ Newbie

got the problem fixed, it was an issue with my hardware, for some reason the drive location i tried to install it in became errored, and unusable, i switched everything to a new location on the same drive and it worked no problem

Message 32 of 107 (3,189 Views)

Hero

So there are other causes to this.

Good to know.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 107 (3,183 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same results, I did as it said with making a backup folder of the folder in my USB drive, then I renamed the folder in Documents/Electronic Arts to 'The Sims 4_Backup' and still got the same error. If someone would reply to this with a solution that WILL work with this, please do.

Message 34 of 107 (3,095 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Followed these instructions, still having the same problem. I saved a backup of the Sims 4 folder from Documents/Electronic Arts on my USB. Still got the same results! Someone please respond to this with another solution or any ways I can make my game work. I am trying to play Get To Work. Help?! 

NOTE: My base game is a bought disc.

Message 35 of 107 (3,095 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I get the error after installing mods/custom content and I follow instructions only putting .package files only but when i do put them in the mods folder and try loading the game i get that error and when i delete all the mods after reinstalling sims 4 it works. so can i not have custom content/mods?

Message 36 of 107 (3,085 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What I did was make a backup file of ( User>Documents> Electronic Arts> The Sims 4...) then once i had it backed up i deleted that folder altogether and that fixed my game. For me I had Mods and CC, I'm sure that messed up my game. 

Message 37 of 107 (3,053 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i unfortunately am having the same problem, and i do have mods and cc, can you please help me out? 

Message 38 of 107 (2,978 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've had this type of error before and have fixed it by deleting the autosave's from the game, and just used my actual last save.

I hope this helps.

-AL2

Message 39 of 107 (2,977 Views)

★ Apprentice
I'm going to try your solution. I have not been able to play since 5/5. I have tried everything. I'm at the point that I may have to start over. How fair is that? I'm a little psst.
Message 40 of 107 (2,975 Views)