Re: The sims 4 Cannot start because of missing or damaged data

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
I just had this problem as well. What I did to fix the problem is much easier than what's listed below. I noticed that right before I went to play the game I had downloaded some mods. I figured hopefully that's what caused the issue where my game wouldn't start anymore. I deleted each mod that I downloaded in the mods folder under (electronic arts, the sims 4, mods) one at a time and then tried to start the game until the game finally started again without showing that error message. Turns out, one of my mods I downloaded caused the problem so try that.
Message 21 of 107 (7,488 Views)

★ Novice

Your right it's a mod problem not the game just removed the latest mod you download and see if it work, just find the defective mod.

Message 22 of 107 (7,485 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it can also happen that u have installed some sims 3 cc`s...that was happend to me.

i also become this massege and checked the whole mods where i detectet that some cc´s are older than the sims 4 release date.

i hope this will help also when u check the date of the cc´s.

Message 23 of 107 (7,402 Views)

Hero

There are quite a few tools that can help you manage custom content. Check Modthesims.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 107 (7,397 Views)

★ Novice

I know Mod and cc can cause problems and I am not new to the whole cc or mods I have read through each post, I think mine is different. I can not put one cc in at all . I have tried different things like uninstall, delete Sims 4 folder first. and just setting it back to factory setting . I put one cc that i know for sure work and this stupid message pop up so I am really frustrated yes I can play without the cc or mods but why should I. and another thing that got me puzzle it let me put in my old saves but allot of my old games has cc so why did it let me put in my saves but not one cc 

Message 25 of 107 (7,296 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

If you put back the save but not the cc then the game will be striped of the cc. 

So you're saying cc worked for you before and now it doesn't ? Did you put anything else back after the factory reset or just the one cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 107 (7,286 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Message 27 of 107 (7,215 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem as this person, I do use custom content but since I have been using custom content, I haven't had this happen until in the last week or 2, how can I fix this?

Message 28 of 107 (7,198 Views)

Hero

Updates can make downloads, especially mods not work anymore. Weed through them to find the culprit

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 107 (7,197 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having a similar problem however, the same solution is not working, my sims 4 folder seems to be missing, I have no mods, or addons/expansions, and just downloaded the game for the first time, the only thing special about it is that it is the digital deluxe edition I'm currently retrying with a safe download, and am awaiting to see the results

Message 30 of 107 (6,966 Views)