Re: The sims 4 Cannot start because of missing or damaged data

by DeviNai

Original Post

★★ Novice

I'd also like to note, this started happening only after I installed the newest update for sims 4 today (26/09/2014)

Message 11 of 107 (17,309 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

After googling a lot I found out how to repair a game on ogirin (which confused me alot) and it works fine now Standard smile

Message 12 of 107 (17,308 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm having this same issue. I originally bootcamped my Mac but I had to get rid of it for space reasons. I then decided to do Parallel instead and the game was working fine. I wanted to install a few mods that I had kept on the USB and transfer them over but It continues to crash and give me this long error. But when I take the mod folder out it works fine. Can anyone help me? 

Message 13 of 107 (17,291 Views)

Hero

Probably something in your mods folder not being compatible.

YOu need to find out what it is.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 107 (17,285 Views)

★ Novice

I'm getting the same error, but only if I try to put cc in the mods folder. This wasn't happening until my game updated. I hope EA fixes this soon. Is there a way to revert back to the older version before the update? 

Message 15 of 107 (17,218 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hi, my error was:

Unable to start

Cannot start because required game data is missing or damage. Please try reinstalling the game.

My problem was a file i downloaded from TSR. I am still trying to figure out what is the .package that is causing the error but in my case, is not a problem with Origin nor the game. I guess it is a type of crash based on a corrupted custom file.

The best thing is to have diferent folders from the sites you download custom .package, in the Mods folder, so you can take them out of the game until you figure out which file is the one having the problem and report it to the creator.

Hope it helps!

Message 16 of 107 (16,779 Views)

★★★ Novice

Its everything in the mods folder not being compatable!

Game runs without anything in it. And it wont run with any CC in it.

FIX THIS GAME!!!!!

Message 17 of 107 (16,723 Views)

★ Novice

Has anyone figured out what the problem is because I know it's mods conflict but how do you fix it is the question?

Message 18 of 107 (16,622 Views)

Hero

Remove the mod. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 107 (16,620 Views)

★ Novice

I use custom content and it said that

Message 20 of 107 (16,466 Views)