Re: The sims 4 Cannot start because of missing or damaged data

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The sims 4 Cannot start because of missing or damaged data

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello, I bought The Sims 4 Limited Edition via Origin preorder, downloaded and installed the game via Origin. The game ran ok, but crashed if I played for about 2.5 hours or more, and sometimes didn't allow me to save (I chose Save but no sign of saving, and next time I opened the game all my previous progress was not saved). After the lastest update, game won't start and a notice said like this:

Unable to start:

Cannot start because the required game data is missing or damaged. Please try reinstalling the game.

[85262c58:29f00e76:00000000]

I reinstalled the game but the problem is still there, no matter if I open it directly or via Origin. I also tried running Origin as administrator but nothing changed. There has been no change to my computer, the problem appeared after the lastest update only. I am not a computer whiz nor any of my family, my computer is mostly for web browsing, running Microsoft Office etc. so I don't know what may cause the problem, my game has no CC installed as well.

My DxDiag info is here

Message 1 of 107 (241,450 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Try this then: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 107 (263,964 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Thank you for answering but my game is official, it's not a crack, and I don't know if the error is GL error or crash error

Message 2 of 107 (240,756 Views)

Hero

Are you using custom content or mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 107 (240,753 Views)

★★ Novice

No my game doesn't have custom contents nor mod

Message 4 of 107 (240,705 Views)

Hero

Do you play on or offline ?

Can you try if deleting cache files does anything for you: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 107 (240,689 Views)

★★ Novice

I always open Origin when playing the game so I guess it's online (I can use Gallery)

Tried deleting cache files for both game and Origin as your instruction, but I still got the error notice Confusedmileysad:

Message 6 of 107 (240,678 Views)

Hero

Try this then: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 107 (263,965 Views)

★★ Novice

I deleted the The Sims 4 folder and the game runs normal again. Thank you very much Crinrict, you are my hero!!! Confusedmileylol:

Message 8 of 107 (240,613 Views)

Hero

Good to hear. Hope it doesn't happen again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 107 (240,599 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same problem, except when i do try to create a backup as instructed in the link (on my USB). I still get the error when I try to start up the sims 4. I save the sims 4 folder from documents into my USB and then I name the folder in my documens "The Sims 4_Backup" but I still get the same error, please help Frown

Message 10 of 107 (239,941 Views)