The sims 3 won't launch via Origin

by katarinag01

Original Post

Re: The sims 3 won't launch via Origin

★★★ Novice

I just contacted EA, they didnt want to re enter the product keys because they said it wouldnt help, i was told to open my ports and clean my dns? Also install a different version of origin. Ive sone all of this also cleared my registry and will now install the game again so fingers crossed it will work this time.

Message 11 of 14 (214 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah still doesnt work..

Message 12 of 14 (209 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have been tol by EA that they cannot delete and re enter my product keys so i dont know what to do next...

Message 13 of 14 (200 Views)

@katarinag01  I'm sorry EA support isn't helping here.  They absolutely can remove and add back product keys and have done so for other players.  The issue in question is the base game key, that Origin is reading it as deactivated or blocked, and it therefore won't let you open the game.

If you want to cover all the bases (again), you can run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.  That should show if there's anything crashing on your computer when you try to play.  I wouldn't expect there to be any associated crashes, but it doesn't hurt to look.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

If that doesn't turn anything up, I'll ask around to see whether there's anything else you should be doing here, including what you might say to EA support.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 14 of 14 (183 Views)