The sims 3 won't launch via Origin

by katarinag01

Original Post

The sims 3 won't launch via Origin

★★★ Novice

I got a new computer in November, and cant seem to launch TS3. I've ealier merged 2 of my origin accounts so maybe it has something to do with that? Either way I've spent soo much time trying to figure out what's wrong and fix it I just can't get to the bottom of it. I contacted EA chat, where I was told to delete my cache files, reinstall windwos, and reinstall and repair the game via origin but nothing works.. I feel like giving up on this game which is a shame since I've spent so much money on it Frown Any tips will be appreciated !

Message 1 of 14 (915 Views)

Re: The sims 3 won't launch via Origin

@katarinag01  It's very likely that the account merge is the issue.  If your base game product key wasn't merged properly, or if it's somehow deactivated, this is what would happen.

The only solution, unfortunately, is to go back to support.  This time, please ask about the status of the base game key: not just whether it exists on your account, but whether it's active.  You could also ask the support rep to remove the base game and reapply it, but you'd then need to uninstall, clean your computer's registry, and reinstall.

If the support rep doesn't understand or doesn't think this is an issue, linking these two threads may help:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-won-t-open-at-all/m-p/8574411#M238855

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-does-not-launch-just-minimizes-Origin-for-a-sec...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 14 (893 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have contacted ea and the code got reactivated. I reinstalled the game and did everything but it still doesnt work Frown

Message 3 of 14 (812 Views)

@katarinag01  When you uninstalled the game this most recent time, did you also clean your computer's registry?  If not, please try it now.  You can use a tool like Piriform's CCleaner if you're not comfortable deleting files manually, and either way, back up the registry first.

Message 4 of 14 (806 Views)

★★★ Novice

I only deleted all the files from ts3 but how do i correctly clean my computers registry? Also will i have to uninstall the game again?

Message 5 of 14 (772 Views)

@katarinag01  Yes, you'll need to uninstall the game again.  Once you've done so, use CCleaner or another tool to look for stray Sims 3-related entries and let the tool remove them.  Then restart your computer, install the base game again, and see whether it works.

Message 6 of 14 (766 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just did everything you said, uninstalled origin, the sims and cleaned the registry restarted the computer and installed everything again, and the game still doesnt work. Origin will minimize when i hit play and nothing happens, origin comes back up at the date that says when i last play the game will say the current day even though i didnt get to play at all Frown

Message 7 of 14 (555 Views)

@katarinag01  It sounds like it's possible that EA support didn't actually fix the issue, in which case you'd need to go back and ask again, unfortunately.

However, in case this is something else, there are other steps you can try first:

• Remove the Sims 3 folder from Documents\Electronic Arts, if there is in fact a folder there.
  • Set exceptions for Origin.exe and TS3.exe in your antivirus.
  • Run Origin as an admin: right-click on the shortcut and select "Run as administrator."  Do the same with TS3.exe, either a shortcut or the original within the game's program files.
  • Try playing in a new Windows admin user account.

Message 8 of 14 (544 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just tried all of the above again but i doesnt work and the same thing still happen... What should i say to ea help? I sometimes feel they dont understand me maybe..

Message 9 of 14 (539 Views)

@katarinag01  Try showing the EA support rep the two threads I linked earlier in the thread.  One is from another EA employee, so the support rep should take it seriously.  If that doesn't happen, let me know.

Message 10 of 14 (515 Views)