Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: The sims 3 store content not showing up in game

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Highlighted

★ Novice

I have a hard time understanding the complicated computer stuff, but I know my store content is downloaded and installed successfully. I have a saved game where I built a huge house with lots of stuff in it, and when I load it up, it says it couldn't load certain items and they have been replaced. It only happens 90 percent of the time. I can load up the game and it works fine sometimes. I don't understand what is happening. I tried the repair to the game and it did nothing. Most of my store content works, I have just noticed specifically some curtains that wouldn't load. I don't know if it was any other items. does anyone know how to fix it?

Message 21 of 26 (788 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
This worked for me!!! You are literally a god send thank you so much x
Message 22 of 26 (735 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

Thanks for the help, still working in 2019, you rock!!

Message 23 of 26 (371 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

thank you. This worked for me. Skipped straight to 6. 😊

Message 24 of 26 (250 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

the same thing is happening to me I just purchased a new computer and went tot download all store content. But its weird cuz I do have some stuff but there is no name on it like the walker and the play pen and the basketball hoop.   and if I put a toddler in the walker or playpen they glitch out.  Also none of the worlds are there either Auro Skies etc I have all the worlds.  Someone please help!!! 

Message 25 of 26 (61 Views)
Highlighted

@Rissaroo091193  It sounds like one or more of the installed content bundles was corrupted.  Please try downloading just one item into a clean user data folder: move your existing Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to spawn a new folder, and install something small from the store, like a single outfit or hairstyle.  Check in-game to make sure it works.

If it does, please download one premium content item, nothing else, install it, and check on it in-game.  Premium items are things like the playpen or basketball hoop, objects that have additional interactions.  If that works in-game too, try installing one store world, again nothing else, and test it.  Let me know how it goes.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 26 of 26 (44 Views)
Twitter Stream