Re: The sims 3 store content not showing up in game

by skillincores

Original Post

★ Novice

I have a hard time understanding the complicated computer stuff, but I know my store content is downloaded and installed successfully. I have a saved game where I built a huge house with lots of stuff in it, and when I load it up, it says it couldn't load certain items and they have been replaced. It only happens 90 percent of the time. I can load up the game and it works fine sometimes. I don't understand what is happening. I tried the repair to the game and it did nothing. Most of my store content works, I have just noticed specifically some curtains that wouldn't load. I don't know if it was any other items. does anyone know how to fix it?

Message 21 of 27 (2,202 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
This worked for me!!! You are literally a god send thank you so much x
Message 22 of 27 (2,149 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for the help, still working in 2019, you rock!!

Message 23 of 27 (1,785 Views)

★ Novice

thank you. This worked for me. Skipped straight to 6. 😊

Message 24 of 27 (1,669 Views)

★★★ Newbie

the same thing is happening to me I just purchased a new computer and went tot download all store content. But its weird cuz I do have some stuff but there is no name on it like the walker and the play pen and the basketball hoop.   and if I put a toddler in the walker or playpen they glitch out.  Also none of the worlds are there either Auro Skies etc I have all the worlds.  Someone please help!!! 

Message 25 of 27 (1,480 Views)

@Rissaroo091193  It sounds like one or more of the installed content bundles was corrupted.  Please try downloading just one item into a clean user data folder: move your existing Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to spawn a new folder, and install something small from the store, like a single outfit or hairstyle.  Check in-game to make sure it works.

If it does, please download one premium content item, nothing else, install it, and check on it in-game.  Premium items are things like the playpen or basketball hoop, objects that have additional interactions.  If that works in-game too, try installing one store world, again nothing else, and test it.  Let me know how it goes.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 26 of 27 (1,463 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @Rissaroo091193,

It's been a while since you've posted in this thread. Have you tried the advise @puzzlezaddict shared? If you're still having issues could you open a new post and add more in there aswell as what steps you've already tried too please? I'll lock this older thread here.

Thanks,

EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 27 of 27 (1,389 Views)